OEM Raptor Beadlocks cost me more than my first car....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
yup right on.

you know theres like 99.9% that china can produce except beadlocks......
like im SURE they have no idea wtf they are making.... the only chinese off road ive seen was in a panda car......

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is from Ford's website. I looked several places on their site and in every location they list them as Forged. All the press releases and articles call them Forged too.

Now, China forged may suck ass and maybe that's why they are 20 lbs each heavier then Centerlines and 10 lbs heavier than Pro-Ams.

Here is an example

Attachments

• beadlock.jpg
    beadlock.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 106

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Marketing scheme. that's all to it. I just dont find them appealing to me in any way. I have tried to like them. but for the price they are asking for these and looking at the quality........ when you can get so many nicer rims for half the damn cost.
if ya got money to waist ford will take it off you no problem.... then you get a rim which is made in china... so it cost ford couple hundred for each rim, then they mindfuck you and make a huge profit of people that want them...

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They can be cast and still be forged! Just because they say forged does not mean that they are not cast. Also different methods of forging.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

I agree on the China thing. If you read any of my other thread posts you'd see that I'm likely going with Centerline wheels at 21 lbs with custom hub centric rings installed. I also don't trust China but I'd be very surprised if Ford would be that innacurate. However I was also stunned to see the weight of their wheels. If I get beadlocks they will be the 31 lb Pro-am Racing wheels.

Don't get Billet forged wheels confused with Cast forged wheels. The made in China Ford wheels are cast wheels and the ProAms are billet machined from a single slug of aluminum and forged.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope - he should me his computer and the description with the diagram.

It's a ring and bolt and nuts for the ring as a kit. Shows $440 Cdn each!
(His cost).
That's for the OE SVT fake bead lock ring FWIW.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marketing scheme. that's all to it. I just dont find them appealing to me in any way. I have tried to like them. but for the price they are asking for these and looking at the quality........ when you can get so many nicer rims for half the damn cost.
if ya got money to waist ford will take it off you no problem.... then you get a rim which is made in china... so it cost ford couple hundred for each rim, then they mindfuck you and make a huge profit of people that want them...

When you talk about the price, on my order it was a $1059 upgrade from stock wheels. At the time I assumed they would be lighter than stock (didn't know they were made in China) and they would be less common.

For $265 a wheel I'd rather have an OEM China wheel thats Hub Centric than an aftermarket Lug Centric wheel.

That said, I'm either cancelling the option or selling when the truck arrives.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you talk about the price, on my order it was a $1059 upgrade from stock wheels. At the time I assumed they would be lighter than stock (didn't know they were made in China) and they would be less common.

For $265 a wheel I'd rather have an OEM China wheel thats Hub Centric than an aftermarket Lug Centric wheel.

That said, I'm either cancelling the option or selling when the truck arrives.

I bet they would sell fast, the stock ones won't, I see lots of them on EBAY. But I have not seen any of the Ford Beadlocks on EBAY. Don't cancel them, keep the in your order.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep them in your order and sell them to me lol

Lots of sudden hostility in this thread. Nothing like going from trying to help the guy just save money from being overcharged by the dealer, to suddenly trashing him for wanting a certain style OEM wheel on his truck. I'm not a fan of China in any way, but no need for the hostility if someone prefers the look and style of one wheel over another.

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, again it's just the look I'm going for. As all of us gear heads well know, each of us is entitled to our own opinion on what we find pleasing or a unique look for our Raptors. Thank god we all have varying opinions and that there are OEM and after market products available to all of us so we can customize our Raptors to our liking, which might not appeal to everyone.

Having said that, I still like reading others debate and/or disagreements as it challenges ones ideas and my help others along the way.

Todd