OEM Raptor Beadlocks cost me more than my first car....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I decided to bite the bullet and pay through the nose for these OEM Ford Beadlock wheels (not w/the true conversion kit). The list price is $1,750 per a wheel. I reached out the Manger that I purchased my 2013 Raptor from and he sold them to me for $1,250 each, which came to over $5K with tax. According to the Sales Manager, the reason they are so expensive, is, they want to discourage others from purchasing what the deem as "exclusive" and prevent others non-Raptor owners from having Raptor exclusive parts for their non Raptor Fords. I think it's just a revenue generating tacktech!

I looked at the Ford Racing Beadlocks at $620 a wheel, but discovered they are a knock off made in China, not what I was looking for.

Thinking of purchasing the Beadlock kit, but will have these installed first and see how they look.

I'll post pictures as soon as they are installed, in the mean time, here are some pictures I took today. Todd

Attachments

• photo-6.JPG
    photo-6.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 143
  • photo-5.JPG
    photo-5.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 138
  • photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 113

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If keeping the "other" guys from purchasing was the real reason for the price, Raptor owners shouldn't have to pay that price. But hey, it's a good looking rim.
Funny note though, the other raptor rims are made in China. I can't speak for the ones you purchased.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Yeahhhh for 1250 a rim thats gucking insane. Pro am is the best wheel for the raptor and its lower than 8 bills i just dont understand people

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man oh man did they see you coming and going on that one. The source for the wheels are the same. They just got one heck of a profit in their pocket off you.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"According to the Sales Manager, the reason they are so expensive, is, they want to discourage others from purchasing what the deem as "exclusive" and prevent others non-Raptor owners from having Raptor exclusive parts for their non Raptor Ford"

If someone fed me that line...I would need to call them out on it as well...

What a load of shit...just say what it is we want to make a huge profit take or leave it...and their parts dept. folks sit around wondering why they are not busy...

Don't **** down my back and tell me it is raining...

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That part is true, they do raise the price on items that are from special edition vehicles just for the sake of keeping everyone on the road from rolling around with those parts. And the other benefit from that is they will still sell those parts, but at a HIGH price. So if you're a broke *** kid, you can't have a rip off raptor, that Ford won't get much profit from, and Raptor owners will get upset seeing ripped off rides at every corner. But if you have big bucks, you can have a ripped off raptor, but odds are you already have one anyway lol, Ford gets a nice chunk of profit for the times those parts do sell, and they keep Raptor owners happy because we don't see rip offs at every corner.

They did the same thing with the Gen 1 harley trucks, the first production vehicle to EVER come with 20" rims all around. Back then you couldn't even get aftermarket 20's, let alone bone stock ones. Ford sold those for $1,350 a piece. You never saw them. HD owners were happy, and when Ford did sell them to people with money, they got their cut, and probably brought in the same amount of profit as if they sold them for $10 over cost, rather than $1200 over cost lol. Sell 120 rims for $10 profit, or sell 1 rim for $1200 profit, they get their same return on investment and keep owners happy that they don't see their parts on other vehicles at every corner.

In this case though, with Ford Racing already having the wheels, they are already expensive at that price. The dealer was taking total advantage of you on this one. Take a pic of the stampings on the back of the wheel. I bet it's identical to the stampings on the ford racing sold one. If you can get that evidence I'd go back to the dealer and demand money back or take the wheels back.

Hawkeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I odered the beadlocks on mine. Still waiting....however I asked the parts mgr about
the locking ring to complete them - he told me his cost is $440 per ring! Told him
I'd think about it, and look around. Please let us know what you find pricing out
the lock rings.

BTW - bought my wife an 09 Jeep Rubicon. I bought Jeep Chrome rims from the delear for it. I took off the stock rims and gave them to my son in law. The stock Rubicon rims were stamped "Made in China". The chrome Jeep Accessory rims were stamped
"Made in USA". I didn't mind the cost anymore!

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I odered the beadlocks on mine. Still waiting....however I asked the parts mgr about
the locking ring to complete them - he told me his cost is $440 per ring! Told him
I'd think about it, and look around. Please let us know what you find pricing out
the lock rings.

BTW - bought my wife an 09 Jeep Rubicon. I bought Jeep Chrome rims from the delear for it. I took off the stock rims and gave them to my son in law. The stock Rubicon rims were stamped "Made in China". The chrome Jeep Accessory rims were stamped
"Made in USA". I didn't mind the cost anymore!

He is probably looking at his cost on the wheel itself with the beauty ring.
Get him to check it again, he just screwed up or maybe that's the price with a huge markup.