OEM Raptor Beadlocks cost me more than my first car....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMAO @ this whole thread, wow just wow. Some are members of the more $$ than brains club

I don't look at it like that - he liked the wheels, he wanted the wheels, negotiated the price down and he bought them. I love it how ppl think the dealer sets ford msrp on parts.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't speak for pro am or other brands referenced here but I can tell you this:

I am in the professional auto repair industry with a high volume shop. The reliability of OEM wheels vs aftermarket wheels is 100 to 1. I have seen thousands of aftermarket wheels rusr, corrode, peel the finish off, develop a corrosion on the inside and make it impossible to balance with stick on wheel weights. They also are bad about peeling in the center hub hole around the center cap.

I'm OEM all the way. Not a fan of aftermarket parts in general.

But hey, that's just my opinion!!

I have to agree with you there. My OEM 00 HD F150 wheels are 13 years old now, have been outside in snow and salt daily driven for 5-6 years of it's life, then still outside for the first 11 years of their life, and the chrome is still in excellent condition. No bubbling, no peeling, just some discolored spots in a few areas of the inner hoops. The faces are great shape. My Replica 22" HD wheels lasted 1 year before they started pitting between the spokes, and peeling on the back side hoops. I'll gladly pay extra for an OEM wheel even if it's heavier, because the quality is typically unmatched.

I don't look at it like that - he liked the wheels, he wanted the wheels, negotiated the price down and he bought them. I love it how ppl think the dealer sets ford msrp on parts.

The ford racing link clearly shows the MSRP, and since MSRP stands for Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price and whether it's the dealership or ford racing, the Manufacturer is the same, the MSRP should be the same, not a skyjacked price over the dealer counter.

Well, tomorrow I will look into returning these wheel,and purchasing the Ford Racing wheels. At a minimum this thread has been an education for any future OEM bead lock wheels purchases. That's what I love about this forum, you get alot of useful information and sometimes colorful feedback!

Ill keep you posted

Glad we could help and save you some money! Hope these posts didn't come off on blasting you, without the added research, it's sometimes tough to tell if the dealer is telling the truth or not. We're here to help! Print the ford racing page out and take it with you. If they still try and convince you otherwise that the wheels are different, 1. show them the inner hoops of yours stamped "China", and 2. tell them you don't agree but either way you don't care they misrepresented and price gouged you and you want a refund or a price match.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And one more thing to add:

The dealers in my area are clueless - ESPECIALLY on SVT/Raptors.

I am going to say the dealer had no idea the wheels were available through Ford Racing. Honest mistake or mix-up, however you want to look at it.

Like mentioned before though, maybe this thread will help others looking for BL wheels.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
All i gotta say is......
Why yhe **** do people get beadlocks if they are not going to use them?
Im sick of posers not only on ford raptors but anything off road related. I hate when people jack their trucks up and make it look like a off road beast but then thy never touched anything else than tarmac.
If you arent going to be using beadlocks... Save yourself and everyone else because it just means you have no idea what you are doing.

Btw beadlocks are not dot many reasons apart from bolts failing and rings poppin off. The law is there to protect motorists for ********* who dont know how to maintance beadlock rims.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All i gotta say is......
Why yhe **** do people get beadlocks if they are not going to use them?
Im sick of posers not only on ford raptors but anything off road related. I hate when people jack their trucks up and make it look like a off road beast but then thy never touched anything else than tarmac.
If you arent going to be using beadlocks... Save yourself and everyone else because it just means you have no idea what you are doing.

Btw beadlocks are not dot many reasons apart from bolts failing and rings poppin off. The law is there to protect motorists for ********* who dont know how to maintance beadlock rims.

I personally ordered the OEM Beadlocks because;
1) They are forged and usually forged wheels are substantially lighter than cast
2) They are hub centric and hub centric wheels run truer in my experience than that lug centric BS

I guess if you run anything less than an offroad only race machine you are a poser so save us an keep your ass off the road.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
made in china *************. I doubt they are forged in china, do chinamen even have shit to forge?
pro am are forged... so are many other high quality rim..

if you like rockin made in china on your forehead why dont you keep your ass away from the road incase your cheap china rims bend and fall off and hit someone.

let me guess these are your first beadlocks.... awww how cute.

anyone here know the proper maintenance procedures for beadlock rims..... please ******* enlighten me...
about how once a month or so you air down your tire and untorque all 26 bolts in my case and then retorque em all over again.... overkill? its called being responsible cause im not the only person on the roads....
i do use my rims, and use em hard. im just saying theres no point for all the trouble of beadlocks and maintance if you just want to be a street queen....

Last edited:

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
made in china *************. I doubt they are forged in china, do chinamen even have shit to forge?
pro am are forged... so are many other high quality rim..

if you like rockin made in china on your forehead why dont you keep your ass away from the road incase your cheap china rims bend and fall off and hit someone.

let me guess these are your first beadlocks.... awww how cute.

I guess I shouldn't believe Ford when they market them as Forged?

Did you ever have a First set of beadlocks?

Try a little harder or we will all get bored with thi thread

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that they are forged... they are made in China i can't find any Chinese wheel that is forged. I mean if you wanna run made in china rims on the street thats A-OKAY.
but to me my wheels are very important, and i demand the quality. Yes ive been through wheels alot... all got smashed up from rock crawling, bead spread, i want my rims to put up with all the shit i take it through and yet at the end of the day drive me home....

i feel very convinced when i am running a highquality racing beadlock made in the u.s.a with lifetime warranty, it makes me feel that much safer knowing that some chinese people that know nothing about ford raptors, or off roading ect making my rims............
i got 10ply tires too... i dont even carry a spare....

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that they are forged... they are made in China i can't find any Chinese wheel that is forged. I mean if you wanna run made in china rims on the street thats A-OKAY.
but to me my wheels are very important, and i demand the quality. Yes ive been through wheels alot... all got smashed up from rock crawling, bead spread, i want my rims to put up with all the shit i take it through and yet at the end of the day drive me home....

i feel very convinced when i am running a highquality racing beadlock made in the u.s.a with lifetime warranty, it makes me feel that much safer knowing that some chinese people that know nothing about ford raptors, or off roading ect making my rims............
i got 10ply tires too... i dont even carry a spare....

I agree on the China thing. If you read any of my other thread posts you'd see that I'm likely going with Centerline wheels at 21 lbs with custom hub centric rings installed. I also don't trust China but I'd be very surprised if Ford would be that innacurate. However I was also stunned to see the weight of their wheels. If I get beadlocks they will be the 31 lb Pro-am Racing wheels.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I personally ordered the OEM Beadlocks because;
1) They are forged and usually forged wheels are substantially lighter than cast
2) They are hub centric and hub centric wheels run truer in my experience than that lug centric BS

I guess if you run anything less than an offroad only race machine you are a poser so save us an keep your ass off the road.

If I am not mistaken the Ford Beadlock rim is cast. So forging them is not going to make them lighter than cast.