OEM Front Camera and Recon Lights Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

killswitch engage

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

New to the Raptor scene. I picked up a used 2012 Raptor and the truck is awesome but I have a few issues.

1. When I activate the front OEM camera, the rear camera shows up instead. Seems the front camera has somehow been disabled. Anyone know how this was done or how to fix the issue? I don't see any wiring changes under the hood for the front camera.

2. They installed Recon headlights which I'm not impressed with and to top it off they mixed up the low beam and high beam. So when the dash says my high beams are on, it's actually the low beams and vise versa. For the stock wiring harness, can someone confirm that the wire that's grey with brown strip is low beam and the blue with brown strip is high beam?

Thanks.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where in the harness are you looking for the wire? the only info i have is a yellow/blue, but it is a negative signal at the switch. as far as the camera, it would be hard to identify, but maybe there is some video interface involved

OP
OP
K

killswitch engage

Reaction score
I'm looking at the wiring harness at the headlight. It's the factory plug for the headlight bulb.

As for the front camera, I'm not sure where to start. I tried holding the phone button down etc. to see if there was a lockpick or navtv installed but nothing comes up. It's one thing if it didn't work but the fact it brings up the rear camera instead has me confused. I don't see a setting to do anything like that in any of the menus.

OP
OP
K

killswitch engage

Reaction score
So I tried hitting the defrost buttons, radio power, climate control power all twice in one second and nothing. Any other ideas?

I was thinking of getting the NavTV to be able to force the front camera but it should be working now when put into 4low or offroad mode with diff lock.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. Not sure if dealer could make a change like this or not???

FYI: for the wiring I found the pin out on the headlight factory connector and fixed it. So the lights work as they are suppose to. Time to look into an upgrade from these Recon lights.

Last edited: