Odd issue of not starting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

KevinMs

Reaction score
I dont have any paperwork and the truck didnt even come with the owners manual. I drove it back from Wichita Falls Texas, all around Dallas and then back to Jackson Ms over a month and 1200 miles ago. Two weeks ago it started and considering it was at the dealership this entire past week. In one week it stranded me 3 times. Less than 25 miles that week.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont have any paperwork and the truck didnt even come with the owners manual. I drove it back from Wichita Falls Texas, all around Dallas and then back to Jackson Ms over a month and 1200 miles ago. Two weeks ago it started and considering it was at the dealership this entire past week. In one week it stranded me 3 times. Less than 25 miles that week.

What type alarm is it? you should be able to download something on it. Im telling ya I am very positive that the alarm is the cause of what you are going through.

OP
OP
K

KevinMs

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the service manager from the dealership. Apparently the alarm is a Ford product installed at the dealership which explains why there is not a separate activation key/device.

D

Deleted member 12951

You mean I have to pay for the truck?

Just messing with ya. Some buy here pay here dealers put a device in your vehicle and if you miss your payment, it won't start and they come repo it.

OP
OP
K

KevinMs

Reaction score
Update.
Mechanic found burned fuse block in the fuse/relay box and feels pretty confident this was causing the cranking issues. He was surprised it would even crank considering. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that was it. Plus I'm dying to install my new headlights from Raptor Retrofit.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update.
Mechanic found burned fuse block in the fuse/relay box and feels pretty confident this was causing the cranking issues. He was surprised it would even crank considering. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that was it. Plus I'm dying to install my new headlights from Raptor Retrofit.
if it was dealer installed, they need a copy of the bill

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update.

So was it a fuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgsmith61

Reaction score
Cranking but not starting

Drove my stock 2013 raptor to a restaurant and after lunch it would spin over but not start, there was no check engine light i had a code reader and it was not showing any codes, i looked at the fuse block and nothing looked bad, the micro fuses are seated deep after about 30 minutes of trying to start it, the truck started, the next morning went out to see if there was any thing i might have missed because it started right up, started re seating all the fuses and fuse #27 was melted on the hot side and the fuse was not blown it was barley making contact, this is power for the fuel pump relay, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem