Observation regarding the shifter stock...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of our 18’s have the illuminated shifter position indicator on the drivers side next to the bottom of the shift lever.

Interesting.

To the left of my shifter lever are position markers, but they do not light up or change color. If they are backlit, it's gonna have to get looked at. I just assumed that they are there for show...lol.

I'll say that if that's the caliber of issues I have with my new truck, I'm in good shape. Well, my auto-dimming headlights don't work either, but I believe it's a camera/calibration issue (Yes, they're turned on in the IPC) - I'll have both issues addressed at my first service.

OP
OP
R

rayw1128

Reaction score
Same here... mine does not light up.

Can anyone else confirm that the letters to the left of your shifter is backlit? If so, need to get it taken care of.

Ray

Interesting.

To the left of my shifter lever are position markers, but they do not light up or change color. If they are backlit, it's gonna have to get looked at. I just assumed that they are there for show...lol.

I'll say that if that's the caliber of issues I have with my new truck, I'm in good shape. Well, my auto-dimming headlights don't work either, but I believe it's a camera/calibration issue (Yes, they're turned on in the IPC) - I'll have both issues addressed at my first service.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need to turn the dash light nob, if it's like the Gen 1s day time/auto lights that dash light nob behaves different than night time.

At least give it a try.

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here... mine does not light up.

Can anyone else confirm that the letters to the left of your shifter is backlit? If so, need to get it taken care of.

Ray

Mine does not light up - day or night. That photo is actually illuminated.

Attachments

• kaEUHGKwT%SXJ9A8SUuXMA.jpg
    kaEUHGKwT%SXJ9A8SUuXMA.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 39

GrayGhostDog1

Reaction score
I believe it is backlit, but it is very low and can get a little brighter by increasing the cabin illumination switch. I, too, thought it was not backlit after taking delivery last month, but I tweaked the switch up a bit and can see the P, R, N, D, M markings by the shifter at night.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, didn’t realize mine were illuminated either.

Turned up the backlighting (buttons beside the headlight dial) and indeed they are.

Note that they don’t highlight the selected gear, but that’s on the dash display so no biggie.

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right - they are backlit - the PRNDM letters do illuminate but there is no gear indicator - at least on mine - it's actually in Drive. If someone has an '18 that really does have indicators, post up a pic :)

Attachments

• BCiNg5MaS0uLbju5lG3B8A.jpg
    BCiNg5MaS0uLbju5lG3B8A.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 38