GEN 2 Northeast USA forest trails... is the Raptor size a factor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Are the trails tight there in OR?

How does your Raptor do in those tight trails?
Depends on which side of the state. West of the Cascade range it ranges from tight in the woods to wide open in the sand dunes. East of the Cascades it is high desert and wide open. On the west side I tend to stick to logging roads and off of the tight trails.

My Gen-1 was SCAB (half cab). I loved the size but the suicide rear doors suck ass. The small fuel tank (23-gals) was also an issue. The Gen-2 I have now the rear doors are fantastic as is the 36-gal fuel tank. The size difference between the two is 12.0". The turning radius difference is about the same 12". For me the small length difference was more that worth it.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pinstripes? Got them!

The ability to go drive a 100 miles to go off road, beat the beast through all sorts of stuff, test some limits and get a few pinstripes and know that you will drive the 100 miles home without worrying that you 'broke' something, is worth a few pinstripes.

Hey, Question for you, I used to go to the Pine Barrens back in the late 70`s and the 80`s. Then parts of it were deemed a state park and tickets were hefty. Then the off road park opened up in Chatsworth? I`m not even sure if that is still around. Where do you go into and where is it safe to drive without being hassled ? Any info available online ? I went from playing in the sand to climbing in PA Not as fun going slow

61712_10200144830456347_288167546_n.jpg

wishes.jpg

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice that’s looks fun. Does it get a bit more challenging just wondering . Also whats the best way to find this place? Do I look up pine barrens? Here’s View attachment 145839
my baby can’t wait to head down. Is this more of a day trip or a couple day trip? Thanks again much appreciated .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might want to put some extra lights on your truck though!
:biggrin:

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@richnot there are hundreds of miles of old unimproved but legal roads that you are allowed to drive on down there, everywhere in the video I posted was a legal road.

I always bring a chainsaw, sometimes the trees are across the road after a storm and no one has been through there.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frank, I can’t thank you enough, you see the pictures I posted of Forked River from way back.
First time there I was about 11 years old and I just clicked off 57. I miss those days of the fire roads and going to the quarry if that even still exists. I do remember back then the one lake was called the Pee~Pee lake, here’s a picture of it

forked 5.jpg

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went on a rough trail for the first time this past weekend in central WA. Definitely got some stripes down the side. My wife: “you know the branches are scratching the sides, right?” *me trying not to be emotional* “yeah I know, no biggie”

It’s was fun to go through sketchy parts and come out without the slightest issue. Then high speed on straight gravel areas. Felt like it was finally worth buying the truck.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need a Raptor in your life! It’s my favorite vehicle I’ve ever owned. Makes an incredible daily driver, great road trip vehicle, and is unrivaled off-road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cant agree more. I'm almost tempted to sell my 2nd vehicle but I'm holding off cause I use it to save miles on the raptor