Normal wrinkle in seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I also thought with a $75k truck I wouldn't have to ever discuss this. The Gen 2 owner seats don't look like this and most Gen 3 don't either. A covid build truck with some small issues but again I forever hold my peace on it after 3/36k. Might as well see if they will do anything for me.
I mean, of course, absolutely. You paid money for a fresh and new product and it should be solid.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Care to share the foam? and did you use OEM leather for the bottom? I hear the non-OE don't allow air to come through as well.
DuroFoam

I used a new OEM seat bottom cover. It's bunching up in the same spot the original did...

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Raptor goes into an upholstery shop tomorrow to fix the seat wrinkles. It will be covered under warranty and below Ford has outlined the repair procedure. We will see how this goes. At least it's not the dealer completing the work and a reputable shop down the street will.

seat wrinkle.jpg

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
So, they will take off the cover and then put it back on? And then there is a chance they will permanently attach the cover to the seat? Hopefully the repair shop has some tricks up their sleeves to get it tighter for you.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only way to fix it is to unstitch it all, and re-stitch it back together as a smaller cover. A good upholstery shop could easily do that.

You do not want it permanantly attached to what's underneath. The foam and cover should be able to slide past each other.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I sent both the dealership and shop an email this morning saying that if the correct way to repair this is to order new seat back covers, then let's not touch anything today, and let's escalate this up higher at Ford until we get the new covers.