Normal Charge Air Temps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidLifeRaptor

Reaction score
‘22 Oxford 35 inch here, just checking to see if anyone can post their charge air temps (via the dash readout)?? I installed a Whipple stock location intercooler over the winter months, and now I’m seeing charge air run 110 degrees in 85 degree weather when driving at 45-55mph, I’ve seen 130-140 with extended idle and 100-110 or so under extended full throttle- ambient for these numbers are mid 80 degrees roughly.

My IC fans are working at idle, and my shutters are still in place - do these sound like normal temps compared to everyone else? I’m considering removing the shutters in case they are closing at speed. It doesn’t seem like it cools much at 80 vs 50-

This wasn’t a problem in winter, with ambient air at 40-50 degrees I’d see 80-90 on charge air, I just can’t remember what it ran at stock to compare. Any help? Thanks!!

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
‘22 Oxford 35 inch here, just checking to see if anyone can post their charge air temps (via the dash readout)?? I installed a Whipple stock location intercooler over the winter months, and now I’m seeing charge air run 110 degrees in 85 degree weather when driving at 45-55mph, I’ve seen 130-140 with extended idle and 100-110 or so under extended full throttle- ambient for these numbers are mid 80 degrees roughly.

My IC fans are working at idle, and my shutters are still in place - do these sound like normal temps compared to everyone else? I’m considering removing the shutters in case they are closing at speed. It doesn’t seem like it cools much at 80 vs 50-

This wasn’t a problem in winter, with ambient air at 40-50 degrees I’d see 80-90 on charge air, I just can’t remember what it ran at stock to compare. Any help? Thanks!!
sounds normal to me--under light to no throttle the temps seem to be +40 degrees over ambient. under throttle they dip. under extended full throttle ive watched them climb into the 120s. ive seen higher than 140 at idle on hot days