"Normal" Cam Phaser Range

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18BlueScrew

Reaction score
Greetings

I was curious if anyone was familiar with the "normal" position range for the camphaser. I have previously had camphasers replaced but swear I am starting to hear the same noises heard prior to the repair. Included in the original repair documentation, the tech stated that the phasers were out 32 degrees.
X8LPjSx.png

In trying to verify if im actually hearing the noise, I hooked up forscan and monitored what I believe to be the correct PID. It looks like it is ranging from 1.88 to 15.63. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share what they see when monitoring their own vehicle.
UThMsjq.png

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
When the engine is running the VCT varies significantly. The cam phaser problem is on cold start, so the best way to check the position is after shutdown with key on-engine off. If they're not all at the pinned "zero" position, then the outlier is failed. The dealer tech is using the Ford diag tool. I would expect the 32 degrees "out" was key on-engine off.