NorCal Bay Area Ford Dealer Recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a good Ford dealer to service your truck in Bay Area?

I have been noticing lately some clanking sound on start up that happens very random and I have been told it may be possible that noise is coming form cam phaser ? Truck seems to drive ok with no issue besides that random sound on start up.

Thanks!

OP
OP
doba_s

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Both are kinda far away ... Ideally to find a dealer that has dealt with this issue. I am not sure if thats exactly what is making the sound but dealer probably would know better.

Turbo95max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had a power steering warranty issue on my 1st Gen I used James Ford in Half Moon bay. Had me in and out in 1 day. Serramonte Ford said I would have to leave the truck with them for SIX months. Yes SIX months. crazy people.

OP
OP
doba_s

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Both are kinda far away ... Ideally to find a dealer that has dealt with this issue. I am not sure if thats exactly what is making the sound but dealer probably would know better.
If I had to leave anything with a dealer for 6 months I would be driving a new one and they would have to keep the old one.

30 days or more and you lemon it.

808to408

Reaction score
I take my shelby to Morgan hill ford store. Based on how well they have handled some TSB’s and warranty
Issues, I will be taking my raptor there. They are a bit further than Capitol ford for me, but I avoid Capitol after they said they wouldn’t be able to do a recall until 6 mos out.

Chris S

Reaction score
I have had good luck with Walnut Creek Ford. My Raptor has only been in once for a stupid mykey issue, but they are generally quick and efficient.

toggle1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would also love to know a good service dept in the Bay Area that can handle the clunking.

I believe my issue is the common slip yoke problem in gen 1’s. Are dealers still fixing that free of charge?

KDub

Reaction score
Don't go to Livermore. My vacuum hoses for the 4WD system weren't working so IWE was all ground down. First of all they ordered the normal F150 parts, not the raptor ones so that delayed it. They also didn't even check the vacuums which ended up being the real issue so I did a UTurn out of the lot when I heard the grinding. Lastly, finally left with a new small scratch on drivers door.

Very friendly, less skilled