Noob here!!! Better in snow scab or screw??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thegame

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the board. Love both versions of the Raptor. I currently have a 2012 AEV jeep wrangler unlimited lifted with just 35s on it. It's very good in the snow. I bought the vehicle because I live in new jersey and have an hour round trip to work each day. I know in the wrangler world the unlimited is better in snow due to the longer wheelbase. I was wondering if it's the same story with the raptor screw and scab trucks.

I would assume the scab wheelbase is probably as long or longer than a wrangler unlimited. Is there a difference in snow performance between the two? The interior extra space isn't a difference maker to me. I do love the larger fuel tank on the screw though. I have two more years of payment on the jeep than I'm hoping they do have a next gen raptor with a v8 ecoboost. If so I'll be all over that. Thanks guys.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is but a single difference between the Raptor Supercab and Supercrew in snowy conditions: the driver.

Snarky answers aside, the Supercrew's wheelbase is indeed longer. A foot longer if I recall correctly, and a few hundred pounds heavier. Before you decide, though, you might want to measure your garage. A Supercrew will not fit in a standard two-car garage.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scab is ALWAYS better :)

On a serious note, I doubt there is a significant difference between scab and screw in the snow

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
The wheelbase between a scab and screw will make a difference in handling. The shorter wheelbase, and lighter weight of the scab will definitly be a little bit more tail happy in slippery conditions.

But as far as just straight up going thru some snow, they will probably be pretty close to having unnoticeable differences in capabilities.

OP
OP
T

Thegame

Reaction score
Ok great thanks for all the replies !! Guess now I just have to hope ford brings the truck back. Did this forum have dealer vendors that are well known and trusted you guys have or would purchase from?

OP
OP
T

Thegame

Reaction score
Not a whole lot of deals left, but check the dealer/inventory thread.

No not looking now anyway. Just curious for down the road and the next Gen trucks (if they even make them) Just planning for near future : )