Convince me not to by a SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
So, I’ve had my 2010 6.2 for a little over 7 months. Absolutely love the truck…except one thing. Supercab. It’s really small, and while I think it looks better proportionally compared the the SCREW, I’d love the space the screw gives. I got a crazy deal on my 2010, and hope I could break even if I sold it and bought a 2011+ Screw, but can’t be without a truck while looking for a replacement. Can anyone think of a good reason to keep SCAB over SCREW? I’ve been in SCREW 2012 F150s and the difference in the space is huge. Also, if anyone with a SCREW happened to want an SCAB instead…I know a guy…

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I woulda shopped aroind for a SCAB more than I did. Having the extra space is nice but it seems like every so often it just accumulates a lot of b.s. do you really need that extra room, or just want it? I like the turning radius of my '06 SCAB with the short bed

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
do you really need that extra room, or just want it?
I mean…no I don’t need it. It would certainly be useful and there’s been several occasions where I’ve wished I had it (trying to carry parts in the back or road trips with people over like 5’ 7” and they have no legroom) but it’s not a necessity. If I did go SCREW, I’d look for one with the later radio or just the nav screen radio because that’s something I missed from my ‘04 SCAB.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I like the extra room but the agility of the SCAB is more better. The radio is a big thing. My 06 still has the 6 disc changer. I just have never gotten around to changing it

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Yeah I have noticed I can whip the scab around corners easier than my buddies 5.0 screw. He’s got the nav radio from 2012 and while it’s not great, it’s something. I’ve looked around to see whether I could switch to a factory nav radio but haven’t found anything solid.
Yeah, I like the extra room but the agility of the SCAB is more better. The radio is a big thing. My 06 still has the 6 disc changer. I just have never gotten around to changing it

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
One factor is garage fit! If you do have a garage, make sure to measure for fit. I would think for me not having the big Nav screen would be more of an issue than the screw extra space. Right now, if you would have to get a loan for a newer truck the interest rates are outrages. Good luck with your decision!

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Haha I don’t garage my raptor. I wouldn’t take a loan on a screw, I hate owing money. I paid cash for my 2010 and would do the same for a screw.