Non wastegate/phaser rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ledftgen2

Reaction score
Besides having cam phaser and wastegate rattle, I have another rattle that sounds like something hitting a hollow bar. It is most prominent while the truck is cold and just starting to drive. Has any else had this and know/have an idea of where it could be coming from? I’ve crawled underneath and hit the skid plates and exhaust and haven’t found anything loose. Video of the sound

Edit: Here is a better sound clip

Last edited:

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Initially, then it eventually became continuous. Wasn't terribly noticable when driving but at idle it drove me crazy. Dealer said its a common issue & that it wasn't covered under extended warranty so I went borla muffler/resonator combo.

McM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the sound mostly go away when it was warmed up? Thats how mine is but slowly getting worse over time.
Mine has been doing the same thing. Getting worse over time. It sounds like a loose clamp/ marbles in a can, but when it warms up after 5 min it goes away. What did yours end up being?