No Music - MFT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobra2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Morning Fellow Raptonians,
Ok so it has been a full week of driving my 14 SE SCREW. This morning on the way to the gym I had no music coming from any source inside of the MFT system. This includes USB stick, Bluetooth Iphone6, Radio, CD etc. Each media source seems to function and skip through tracks/sources and everything without any problems but without sound.

A few Google searches say this is somewhat common and a vehicle shutoff/turn on after a few seconds will fix it (I don't consider this a fix in my humble opinion). I have yet to see any empirical evidence of a corrective action for this issue, or if it cause for alarm.

My 14 SCREW has just barely over 1,000 miles, with all updates and vehicle reports up to date, stays in the garage at home and is parked inside a garage at my office. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Is this common, is there anything I do can to ensure this doesn't happen again? Without tunes in the morning going to the gym or on the way home in DC Metro traffic makes a very sad day for me.

Many Thanks in advance

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Morning Fellow Raptonians,
Ok so it has been a full week of driving my 14 SE SCREW. This morning on the way to the gym I had no music coming from any source inside of the MFT system. This includes USB stick, Bluetooth Iphone6, Radio, CD etc. Each media source seems to function and skip through tracks/sources and everything without any problems but without sound.

A few Google searches say this is somewhat common and a vehicle shutoff/turn on after a few seconds will fix it (I don't consider this a fix in my humble opinion). I have yet to see any empirical evidence of a corrective action for this issue, or if it cause for alarm.

My 14 SCREW has just barely over 1,000 miles, with all updates and vehicle reports up to date, stays in the garage at home and is parked inside a garage at my office. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Is this common, is there anything I do can to ensure this doesn't happen again? Without tunes in the morning going to the gym or on the way home in DC Metro traffic makes a very sad day for me.

Many Thanks in advance

Hi Cobra2Raptor,

I suggest trying a master reset: Master Reset | SYNC Help Video | Official Ford Owner Site If you continue to experience issues with the audio, I recommend scheduling an appointment with your dealer.

Shaay

Quartz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the master reset does not work, try disconnecting the battery. Worked for my 2011..

OP
OP
Cobra2Raptor

Cobra2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hasn't been a problem today but if it shows up again I'll try the above.

Many thanks

OP
OP
Cobra2Raptor

Cobra2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so this problem appears to happen at least 1-2 times a week now. The truck is a 2014 with just under 2K miles....that's right 2K miles....bone stock....very frustrated. There is no point taking it into the dealer because they do not have my best interest in mind and reproducing the problem is a crap shoot at best. I simply do not have time for the dealership run around.

Trading up to a 2017 has me second guessing already.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had it happen 3 times in the last 6 years, what you are experiencing is not "common". @carstereocompany

Quartz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so this problem appears to happen at least 1-2 times a week now. The truck is a 2014 with just under 2K miles....that's right 2K miles....bone stock....very frustrated. There is no point taking it into the dealer because they do not have my best interest in mind and reproducing the problem is a crap shoot at best. I simply do not have time for the dealership run around.

Trading up to a 2017 has me second guessing already.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery?