nitrous

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its better to go with a dry system if you decide to add it. it is easier on you motor compared to a wet system. drag racers use a wet system because it is almost instantaneous power. the dry system takes about a second for it to kick in, and then another second for full injection.

Raptor Jesus

Reaction score
its better to go with a dry system if you decide to add it. it is easier on you motor compared to a wet system. drag racers use a wet system because it is almost instantaneous power. the dry system takes about a second for it to kick in, and then another second for full injection.

That's a good way to run lean and get some detonation.
For a dry shot NEVER exceed 1/4 total engine output, for safety's sake.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a good way to run lean and get some detonation.
For a dry shot NEVER exceed 1/4 total engine output, for safety's sake.
i run an 80 shot dry at the track just fine. you cant just add the nos, you need to have some sort of tune for it, if thats what you are talking about

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
anything over a 50 shot of nos requires new valves, valve springs, and a timing retard at the least.... i have a few extra mods to ensure it all goes smoothly

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anything over a 50 shot of nos requires new valves, valve springs, and a timing retard at the least.... i have a few extra mods to ensure it all goes smoothly

Must be a bike thing.

Raptor Jesus

Reaction score

I've never heard of new valves. Exhaust porting and larger diameter headers, yes, but not valves.

Not really. No new valves or springs required for any amount. Retard the timing, colder plugs, and more fuel.

This guy gets it.