Next Outlaw Raptor Run. Night run or Day run ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Definitely a day run. Outlaw already received less than ideal press from Autoblog because of the frame damage so the last thing you need to do is further reduce visibility.

OP
OP
Outlaw Offroad

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely a day run. Outlaw already received less than ideal press from Autoblog because of the frame damage so the last thing you need to do is further reduce visibility.

Less then ideal press ??????
It was more like the "People Vs. Ford" I just enjoy taking Raptors off road with other owners. I can give all the advice in the world and tell people drive at your own pace and the use of a GPS and Radio is highly recommended. The only thing I can't control is How you drive your truck. As far as the night run goes I think it will slow every one down and be a lot cooler. The desert at night can be way more beautiful then in the day. That is why I want to let the drivers decided. We go as a group so we can decide as a group. If your not comfortable driving at night then you can wait until we do a day run. These runs are not for every one but I think they are for the true off road adventure Raptor owners. After all you have to have some sort of sense of adventure just to have purchased a SVT Raptor....

So when are we going to see you on a run day or night ?

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Isn't the saying, there is no such thing as bad press...

Thanks for the post TX, I don't think its in the cards this year. Next year for sure!

Rat

Reaction score
Here' s my idea for a night run. Start at barstow, outlet center drive. About 3-4 pm registration and drivers meeting. run a 3 lap course around some of the old race routes, Do it like Bracket drag racing. run a daytime get familiar with route, then 1 timed practice lap.(daytime) This will let the driver/co-driver decide what average speed or time the night laps will be run in. Have check points or one check in at a "main Pit" . Advantages: less likley to have "lost" participants, Deep recovery would be easy in case of "damage" . Easy to have a Spotter on a hill in "radio contact" with participants. Not "wide open driving" but more skill and consistency (smooth is fast). If someone gets "sleepy" and wants to take a nap in between laps no problem.
Wrap things up at ? daylight then if wanted air up and drive I-15 to vegas and get rooms then have awards and dinner, drive home. The "winners " would have the closest odometer reading. and done within the time they say (including flats and repairs per lap) The most consistant and closest to time driver "wins"

Just a sleep deprived idea !

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am representing no one but myself in my thoughts stated here. Would it be ideal for everyone who can stay up late and sleep in? Nope. Some people are hardwired as a night people. I am hardwired as a morning person.

1. I am not a night person. I don't stay up late. If I do, I still get up at 5am. With the time zone difference, I'll never make up the difference of getting up at 3am pdt.
2. I would love to get night time experience through the desert (Just not in the next 3 months due to other duties and responsibilities.)
3. I love the idea of starting mid-afternoon and then running until midnight at daylight savings time. This is about the only way I could ever do it.

Just my 3 cents on this.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Less then ideal press ??????
It was more like the "People Vs. Ford" I just enjoy taking Raptors off road with other owners. I can give all the advice in the world and tell people drive at your own pace and the use of a GPS and Radio is highly recommended. The only thing I can't control is How you drive your truck. As far as the night run goes I think it will slow every one down and be a lot cooler. The desert at night can be way more beautiful then in the day. That is why I want to let the drivers decided. We go as a group so we can decide as a group. If your not comfortable driving at night then you can wait until we do a day run. These runs are not for every one but I think they are for the true off road adventure Raptor owners. After all you have to have some sort of sense of adventure just to have purchased a SVT Raptor....

So when are we going to see you on a run day or night ?

14 bent frames in the day time with 100% visibility of obstacles...reduce visibility by 50% and double the damage. that's all i'm saying...not blaming you because i think what you guys are doing is awesome. however, you can't control what the drivers do during the run and what others say after the fact. the autoblog interview basically had Hameedi saying you guys don't know to put together a run(i know that's not the case) and he was blaming the damage on outlaw for not pre-running(which you did). and since i'm 3000 miles away i don't think you'll see me too soon.

SeaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
14 bent frames in the day time with 100% visibility of obstacles...reduce visibility by 50% and double the damage. that's all i'm saying...not blaming you because i think what you guys are doing is awesome. however, you can't control what the drivers do during the run and what others say after the fact. the autoblog interview basically had Hameedi saying you guys don't know to put together a run(i know that's not the case) and he was blaming the damage on outlaw for not pre-running(which you did). and since i'm 3000 miles away i don't think you'll see me too soon.

What Outlaw was saying is running at night, no-one is gonna be driving balls to the wall due to lower visibility, so those frame bending obstacles will be done at lower speeds which will lead to hopefully no damaged frames!

I sure wish I lived closer, I would be down for every run you guys made, day or night!:peace:

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Here' s my idea for a night run. Start at barstow, outlet center drive. About 3-4 pm registration and drivers meeting. run a 3 lap course around some of the old race routes, Do it like Bracket drag racing. run a daytime get familiar with route, then 1 timed practice lap.(daytime) This will let the driver/co-driver decide what average speed or time the night laps will be run in. Have check points or one check in at a "main Pit" . Advantages: less likley to have "lost" participants, Deep recovery would be easy in case of "damage" . Easy to have a Spotter on a hill in "radio contact" with participants. Not "wide open driving" but more skill and consistency (smooth is fast). If someone gets "sleepy" and wants to take a nap in between laps no problem.
Wrap things up at ? daylight then if wanted air up and drive I-15 to vegas and get rooms then have awards and dinner, drive home. The "winners " would have the closest odometer reading. and done within the time they say (including flats and repairs per lap) The most consistant and closest to time driver "wins"

Just a sleep deprived idea !
When you start getting that detail on runs like this you're going to run into problem's like permits, insurance etc etc. IMO you're much better off keeping it simple

It seems as if they have learned a lot from that 1st run.

Personally I think a midnight run is a bad idea. Start it at 3, hit dirt starting at Slash X and run to Primm, should be done by 11-12. This way you get the technical parts during day light and do the freeway part's at night

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
How far of a drive from Toronto, Ontario? Im in for one of these for sure ha ha :peace:

Damn far KTM! It's about 20 hours from me here, so I'd add an extra day to cross the continent diagonally.

BTW I'll be in TO on Sept 2 for a week - I'm not driving but let me know if you want to hook up for a beer that weekend.