Next Outlaw Raptor Run. Night run or Day run ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about doing a Night run. Just wanted to see if their would be any interest? Or we can just stick with the day run ?

The night run would consist of leaving around midnight or a preferred time the group has chosen and driving through the night to Las Vegas. We would take a new course from Barstow Ca to Laughlin then up to the South side and arriving around 10:00 am in Vegas. The whole group could rest up and enjoy Las Vegas for the day or just rest pool side. We would still do the awards dinner and drive the North course home on Sunday around noon. This way we would only have to pay for 1 night at the hotel "we'll still get the discounted rate" and we could relax more. I have about 4 trucks who really want to do it.

On another note one of the guys from the first run is working on a affordable transport service for those who want to ship their trucks out here form other states. I keep you posted as we know more. I would love to see more out of state trucks on the run.....

So please let me know your thoughts....:waytogo:

Attachments

• 1000 x 700.jpg
    1000 x 700.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Night pic.jpg
    Night pic.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 49

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a night run would be awesome but, maybe people should get some better driving skills under their belt before. I will be out there Oct. 8th for a wedding and was planning to hike the canyon again but, if you have any runs planned around that time I will drive my truck out there and do a run... Not asking for you to make a run especially for me... Just putting out feelers to see what schedule you guys have...

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Barstow Ca to Laughlin then up to the South side and arriving around 10:00 am in Vegas

Are you thinking about taking the Mojave trail? Reason I ask is you have to have a permit for anything over 7 vehicles. Just a heads up if you didn't already know that

OP
OP
Outlaw Offroad

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to pre run it in a week or 2 so I'll see. I have mixed thoughts about the Mojave trail but it is fun... I know some great trails out their and this run will be fun.

RaptorinTX

Reaction score
Having been on the first run and knowing how exhausted I was by the end of the run and the impact on concentration, I would be concerned about drivers being tired on a night run.

That said, I would be interested in getting some time with the lights on in the dust. Can we do day one so we can pull into Hard Rock Vegas by 3 pm (so start time to accommodate), have the banquet or dinner early so we done by 7 or 8. Then letting folks lose in Vegas. Day two we hit the trail head at 3 or 4 pm so the last leg of the run is in the dark.

Just a thought.

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming my truck is done, I'd be interested. I hear it is in pieces now.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
I'll easily do a night run, the whole reason I've missed the last two day runs is due to the fact I got switched to full time night shifts and pretty much a zombie during the day..

Im in.

RaptorinTX

Reaction score
Wish I wasn't so damn far away!

I'm working on an arrangement with Earthmovers, who has shipped my Raptor 6 times now and does Raptor transport for Hennessey, on a rate for trucks going to and from Outlaw Raptor runs - dropping off in Santa Ana, CA. You can contact Danielle Cox at [email protected] for more information. Thier rates and service are great.

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm working on an arrangement with Earthmovers, who has shipped my Raptor 6 times now and does Raptor transport for Hennessey, on a rate for trucks going to and from Outlaw Raptor runs - dropping off in Santa Ana, CA. You can contact Danielle Cox at [email protected] for more information. Thier rates and service are great.

Sweet!