Next mod advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to get an svc bolt on bumper with lights, svc bumpstops and deavers. In no particular order.

I was thinking on doing the bumpstops first then deavers, or would it just be easiest to do them at the same time?

View attachment 148920

I recently installed the RPG stage 2 kit and a custom set of Deaver springs so I guess technically it's a stage 3. I agree with others that doing it at the same time makes sense as you'll need to replace the bump pads which requires removing the ubolts that hold the springs on.. I'm not familiar with the SVC kit but the RPG kit gives you additional frame support so contrast and compare. Also...OffRoadAlliance had the RPG kit about 3-400 less than the RPG site after taking into account shipping. REALLY happy with it.

20200730_214521.jpg

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to get an svc bolt on bumper with lights, svc bumpstops and deavers. In no particular order.

I was thinking on doing the bumpstops first then deavers, or would it just be easiest to do them at the same time?

View attachment 148920

Here's a food for thought. I just installed the Ford Performance skid plate set. Same ones used on the 2017 Raptor they raced in the Baja 1000. CJ pony parts had it for 800 and after installing I'd say it's pretty decent compared to stock.

20200731_093148.jpg

OP
OP
Socalbeachbum

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a food for thought. I just installed the Ford Performance skid plate set. Same ones used on the 2017 Raptor they raced in the Baja 1000. CJ pony parts had it for 800 and after installing I'd say it's pretty decent compared to stock.

View attachment 149047
How’s that different that the factory skids? Looks awesome. I saw on keep it dirty YouTube channel that his rpg bumps were striking weird and last update he wasn’t happy with them (for whatever that is worth).

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How’s that different that the factory skids? Looks awesome. I saw on keep it dirty YouTube channel that his rpg bumps were striking weird and last update he wasn’t happy with them (for whatever that is worth).

I follow that guy and yes I saw that. He loved them on his last truck and it's more that he had a question about the rubbing than he didn't like them. I'm interested in an update on that but the build is solid and the concept is unique. If the bed flexes and rubs a little I'm not concerned. Doubt I'll ever be as extreme as him anyway but still...curious what RPG has to say although I don't think it takes away from the solid build quality and unique ability of the frame support combined with Fox 2.5 bumps.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

They provide more coverage and overall the strength is better on the Ford Performance version.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was pretty set on the SVC bumpstop kit, but looking at the Icon kit it may be a better design because of the tensioning rods to prevent the frame from twisting out at the bottom. Other kits have a bar to hold the frame from flexing via compression at the top of the frame, Icon adds triangulation which makes sense.

The Ford skid plate set looks cool, but it’s probably more than I need right now. I can usually buy Ford stuff at cost plus 10%, so I’ll ask to see what it costs me. I would spend $600ish on that, $900 is a bit rich. Maybe I could just trade in my $1050 bedside decals for it?

OP
OP
Socalbeachbum

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was pretty set on the SVC bumpstop kit, but looking at the Icon kit it may be a better design because of the tensioning rods to prevent the frame from twisting out at the bottom. Other kits have a bar to hold the frame from flexing via compression at the top of the frame, Icon adds triangulation which makes sense.

The Ford skid plate set looks cool, but it’s probably more than I need right now. I can usually buy Ford stuff at cost plus 10%, so I’ll ask to see what it costs me. I would spend $600ish on that, $900 is a bit rich. Maybe I could just trade in my $1050 bedside decals for it?
Icon or did you mean rpg? I didn’t know Icon did a bumpstop kit

OP
OP
Socalbeachbum

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh wow I haven’t seen anyone here with them. I really like the svc bumpstop kit and they are local to me to do the install. I really want to do their kit but I think I’m leaning towards the icon leafs