Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Next mod advice

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Socalbeachbum, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Socalbeachbum

Socalbeachbum Full Access Member

I would like to get an svc bolt on bumper with lights, svc bumpstops and deavers. In no particular order.

I was thinking on doing the bumpstops first then deavers, or would it just be easiest to do them at the same time?

7CF638EE-AB72-4792-BF7F-8F696553C27B.jpeg

2. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

Do them at the same time, depending on which bumpstop kit you go with, the bump plate bolts onto your ubolts, so why replace those twice? I think u-bolts are only one time as they stretch i've heard. Mods sound good though!!

3. f150jack

f150jack Full Access Member

Think there was a thread about the svc bolt on and a steering connector part or something that threw some people for a loop so I would research that one if u plan on installing your self. Just a heads up. Other than that agreed with doing both bumps and leafs at same time if possible.

4. Socalbeachbum

Any recommendations on the type of bumpstops? They all seem somewhat similar (the ones on svc’s website).

5. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

If you are going with svc, I dont have any info on there stuff, I went with Outlaw Offroads bumpstop kit with fox bumps. Like you said, they are all pretty much the same.

Socalbeachbum likes this.
  6. Badgertits

Badgertits FRF Addict

Def do at same time, as long as you’re at a reputable shop- you’re “saving labor”

question tho- what mods have you done thus far? If you don’t have a tune yet do that first.

7. Socalbeachbum

just some wheels and eibachs. I had awe 2fg (taken off) and some xl80’s which I’m selling. I’m not going to do a tune until after warranty is up. I used a tune on my old m3 and blew my motor.

8. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Full Access Member

You’re on a similar mod path to mine, although I’m not certain on doing the bumper. I’m planning to do everything at once.

9. Socalbeachbum

I’ve been reading a lot about deavers clunking and rusting. They seem pretty high maintenance. I’m also looking at the icons.

10. Jace21583

Jace21583 Full Access Member

Icons are less maintenance and you don't need to beg for an extra stuff spring like with the deavers. I'm running the eibachs up front and icon leafs in the rear on setting two with the rpg bumpstop kit, fox bumps. I don't like rpg but couldn't pass up buying the full kit from a dealer for 1k.