6.2 NEW Volant Exhaust + Corsa Res Delete - Vid and Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Glad to hear this feedback. When I first posted it I felt like nobody believed me lol.

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Volant exhaust just got dropped off today. Now I just need to order a resonator delete

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah. What I have noticed is the more it has broken in the better and more "brappy" it sounds. Seriously put it in m2 and get high in the RPMs. Won't be disappointed!
You didn't add to do this and then let off the gas completely. YOU GET THE BRAP On the pull down as well. It's even better sounding coming off throttle at high RPM's.

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just get a muffler guy to weld in a straight pipe for $20?

More than anything its for if I ever for some odd reason have to go back to stock. Rather not hack the factory part up even though thats getting pretty damn nitty gritty.

Cat back just got dropped off today, resonator delete should be in early next week. Now if it would just warm up to 45 and not rain so I wouldn't freeze my ass off in the driveway

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than anything its for if I ever for some odd reason have to go back to stock. Rather not hack the factory part up even though thats getting pretty damn nitty gritty.

Cat back just got dropped off today, resonator delete should be in early next week. Now if it would just warm up to 45 and not rain so I wouldn't freeze my ass off in the driveway
Go have Midas or some one put it on. Best $50-$100 you will spend. My truck has less than 8k on the odo. The resonator did not want to come off the muffler. Yes we knew it was a twist lock. If this happens you have a couple of choices. Loosen the muffler, twist, and beat the shit out of said muffler to separate the two. Or cut the muffler pipe.. Or leave the resonator attached to said muffler and remove as one piece. If you choose the latter you will need the truck on a lift to get the correct angle to get it out. So in the end... Spend the $50-$100 and have some one do it while you wait in the warm and watch TV.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I'd also say that you should consider getting it all welded together rather than using the u-bolt clamp deals. I've heard that when offroading, the u bolts can come apart and in the general discussions, the one guy had his whole cat back system fall off on the street. I think it was caused by that twist lock clamp that connects where a cat back system attaches to the stock. I had my muffler guy just chop that off and weld it all so that it's all solid as a rock. I know it's not as convienant if you want to go back to stock, but I rather have my exhaust on there solid than to try to have it easy to replace. To each their own, but consider making sure that it's on right!

Also, make sure that you have as many hangers as possible. The one horror story guy who had the whole thing fall off had just one hanger. I have 3 hangers on my setup now. If your going to beat on your truck, make sure it can take the beating...

Last edited:

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I've been growing tired of open cutout and wanting to tone it down some, especially on the highway. I wish Volant just sold just a muffler replacement.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O
I've been growing tired of open cutout and wanting to tone it down some, especially on the highway. I wish Volant just sold just a muffler replacement.

I'm right with you, that was my thought too. The day that I ran across this thread, I sent Volant an email asking if they would just sell me the muffler alone. They said they do not do that because "their whole system works together to eliminate drone". So I bit the bullet and paid for the entire system.

I mounted up the system but did not even use the shiny tip and hacked the pipe off right after the axle. I know that could be taken as a waste, but I could sell the tip, but regardless I am VERY happy with the system. It is worth the money to me. I also feel like it wasn't near the waste that a system like the Corsa $1,000 system would be. I paid just slightly over $500 for mine.

If your running straight pipe/cutout now, you might think this system is REALLY quiet when you compare it to that. I previously had the stock pipes with no resonator and a magnaflow. This system was closer to straight pipe/cutout with a toned down sound. This Volant setup is pretty damn quiet at idle and light throttle but SCREAMS at full thottle. The magnaflow was louder all around but didn't give a BRAPPP and a deep throaty tone like the Volant. If you want some volume all the time, I'd go with something like the magnaflow or flowmaster. If you want quiet most the time but screaming when you floor it, go Volant.

Oh, and I put in a y-pipe cutout right before the muffler so that I can still be loud if I want...kinda best of both worlds for me.

Hope this helps some.

Last edited: