6.2 NEW Volant Exhaust + Corsa Res Delete - Vid and Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been growing tired of open cutout and wanting to tone it down some, especially on the highway. I wish Volant just sold just a muffler replacement.

UM they do. That is what we all bought. We had to add the Corsa Resonator delete separately. But you can just order the muffler and bolt it up to your stock resonator. Am I missing what you are asking?

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
O

I'm right with you, that was my thought too. The day that I ran across this thread, I sent Volant an email asking if they would just sell me the muffler alone. They said they do not do that because "their whole system works together to eliminate drone". So I bit the bullet and paid for the entire system.

I mounted up the system but did not even use the shiny tip and hacked the pipe off right after the axle. I know that could be taken as a waste, but I could sell the tip, but regardless I am VERY happy with the system. It is worth the money to me. I also feel like it wasn't near the waste that a system like the Corsa $1,000 system would be. I paid just slightly over $500 for mine.

If your running straight pipe/cutout now, you might think this system is REALLY quiet when you compare it to that. I previously had the stock pipes with no resonator and a magnaflow. This system was closer to straight pipe/cutout with a toned down sound. This Volant setup is pretty damn quiet at idle and light throttle but SCREAMS at full thottle. The magnaflow was louder all around but didn't give a BRAPPP and a deep throaty tone like the Volant. If you want some volume all the time, I'd go with something like the magnaflow or flowmaster. If you want quiet most the time but screaming when you floor it, go Volant.

Oh, and I put in a y-pipe cutout right before the muffler so that I can still be loud if I want...kinda best of both worlds for me.

Hope this helps some.

Yeah I'm just being a cheap ass and easy fix. I've had Magnaflow in the past as far as direct swap replacement but after doing some reading on the forum seems that isn't the best sound for our trucks and I want to keep the stock tips as well.

UM they do. That is what we all bought. We had to add the Corsa Resonator delete separately. But you can just order the muffler and bolt it up to your stock resonator. Am I missing what you are asking?

Happen to have a part number for the muffler handy? What did it run you for cost?

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe LITTLEELVISDAN is misunderstanding what the "system" we have is considered. What Volant makes is a "cat back exhaust system" even though it attaches right after the resonator, it is still considered a "system" because it has all the pipes and the tips required after the Cats/resonator. Me and infinitereality were looking for literally JUST the muffler. I'm 99% sure that Volant does not sell JUST the muffler, only their "cat back system" part #54387. It's a good system and is actually a value compared to others.

I don't see a way to keep your stock tips because the Volant is a single pipe system the whole way. You possibly could get a splitter pipe right after the muffler and try to fab up the stock pipes to that. Seems like a lot of hassle to me. I personally don't even like ANY tailpipes, so I'm in a different boat. Maybe you could even get your hands on a Corsa tailpipe, their system is actually a single pipe setup too but they split the tip to two, I think to keep the factory look. Might even be simplest to consider spending the extra and getting the Corsa. I've heard lots of great things about that setup too.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I get what you're saying. Yeah I just want a straight up muffler swap and definitely agree teh Volant is a badass value for the system, but I'm just looking for a cheap fix and have some extra volume from the muffler........just not cutout volume even though it's really not that horrible. I can still carry on a conversation in the truck driving on the highway. I just recently started looking into exhaust and will explore my options. I'm not sure why I'm stuck on the stock tips, guess just dig them because they're different than most trucks. I know they have Corsa knock-off tips for vehicles like F-bodies for pretty cheap, may see if I can find a similar stock looking tip along with maybe a shorter Magnaflow. I don't remember how the exhaust is under the truck, need to crawl under there and see what I need. :)

I believe LITTLEELVISDAN is misunderstanding what the "system" we have is considered. What Volant makes is a "cat back exhaust system" even though it attaches right after the resonator, it is still considered a "system" because it has all the pipes and the tips required after the Cats/resonator. Me and infinitereality were looking for literally JUST the muffler. I'm 99% sure that Volant does not sell JUST the muffler, only their "cat back system" part #54387. It's a good system and is actually a value compared to others.

I don't see a way to keep your stock tips because the Volant is a single pipe system the whole way. You possibly could get a splitter pipe right after the muffler and try to fab up the stock pipes to that. Seems like a lot of hassle to me. I personally don't even like ANY tailpipes, so I'm in a different boat. Maybe you could even get your hands on a Corsa tailpipe, their system is actually a single pipe setup too but they split the tip to two, I think to keep the factory look. Might even be simplest to consider spending the extra and getting the Corsa. I've heard lots of great things about that setup too.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get what you're saying. Yeah I just want a straight up muffler swap and definitely agree teh Volant is a badass value for the system, but I'm just looking for a cheap fix and have some extra volume from the muffler........just not cutout volume even though it's really not that horrible. I can still carry on a conversation in the truck driving on the highway. I just recently started looking into exhaust and will explore my options. I'm not sure why I'm stuck on the stock tips, guess just dig them because they're different than most trucks. I know they have Corsa knock-off tips for vehicles like F-bodies for pretty cheap, may see if I can find a similar stock looking tip along with maybe a shorter Magnaflow. I don't remember how the exhaust is under the truck, need to crawl under there and see what I need. :)

I had the smallest Magnaflow that my muffler shop guy could find with the 3" in and two 2 1/2" out (smaller muffler=more volume). It had good volume and similar tone to straight pipe/cutout. I do prefer the Volant but if you want a cheap swap, I would suggest what I had with the small Magnaflow and no resonator. It had a little drone at around 2-2,500 RPM's but was still definitely tolerable. I've heard some clips of flowmaster and Borla too that sound pretty good. I think for a cheap, quick swap, a small muffler and no resonator is a good option. Of course I like Volant best for myself but realize different people may want different things. Good Luck with it bud!

Oh, I've also heard people saying that they run just the resonator (with no muffler at all) and really like that. If you really like the straight pipe, this might tone it down just enough for you to hear people on the highway and things like that.

Last edited:

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my Volant catback and Corsa resonator delete installed today. The expectation lives up to the hype in this thread. Cold starts are loud but very quiet and comfortable in cab while cruising at 65mph. The tires and stereo on 1/4 will drown exhaust sound out at cruise. Has a great volume it getting on it from a stop with 1/2 throttle +. For the price of everything I couldn't be happier. Only thing I will do this spring is get a black dual tip for it and weld up parts of the system to mock how the factory exhaust was put together

ANDR3W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BIRDMAN, you got your own little army of exhaust followers.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Just got my Volant catback and Corsa resonator delete installed today. The expectation lives up to the hype in this thread. Cold starts are loud but very quiet and comfortable in cab while cruising at 65mph. The tires and stereo on 1/4 will drown exhaust sound out at cruise. Has a great volume it getting on it from a stop with 1/2 throttle +. For the price of everything I couldn't be happier. Only thing I will do this spring is get a black dual tip for it and weld up parts of the system to mock how the factory exhaust was put together

Glad you like it! It's an awesome system.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Make sure the band clamp connecting the exhaust to the resonator delete pipe is shit-house tight. I thought mine was tight as hell but it came loose and the whole exhaust fell off on the highway Saturday night LMAO. Sucker dragged behind my truck for a solid 10 miles hanging on by 1 hanger.

All of a sudden my exhaust got really loud and I could faintly hear *clink clinkclink clink clink* from behind the truck. It sounded badass with just the straight pipe but I had to crawl under my truck at the nearest gas station to rig it back up to get home.

It was snowing out at the time so the roads were coated with snow. The exhaust wasn't damaged at all.

original.jpg

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BIRDMAN, you got your own little army of exhaust followers.

Sir, yes Sir! This Volant system does not get the hype it deserves, but I guess that's better for us, we can be special ☺️. Seems like there is a little trend of exhaust coming off there...both seem to be in the cold, wonder if that could have anything to do with it. Definitely make sure it's tight and I suggest just welding that biotch if you don't care about keeping it easy to remove.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 101

DeltaFox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did any of you guys have a break in smell coming from yours? The only reason I ask is because I put mine on with the resonator delete and all that jazz and 40 miles later got rear ended, so I'm trying to make sure a wiring harness or something didn't get knocked loose back there or the spare didn't get shifted. I look under that **** but couldn't see anything but I have a slight burning rubber/plastic smell towards the back of my truck. My pissed off level is basically through the roof.