New to the Raptor world and LOVING IT!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akflier

Reaction score
I've been lurking around here since I ordered my 2014 SCREW SE back in late January. I live in Alaska and the local dealers get TOP dollar for anything SVT, so we opted to purchase the truck in Washington state which is fairly common around here. Saved $10G by doing so and had a great experience with Horizon Ford in Tukwilla WA the whole way.
I wont bore anyone with the long details, but we (wife and I) thought it would be fun to drive that bad boy the 2600 miles home to Alaska. We were not disappointed. As hoped, we found many side excursions down dirt roads to scenic sites along the way. We decided to drive from the Seattle area up through BC, which was amazing!
I knew the Raptor could handle the sometimes rough Canadian roads, but I had no idea how awesome it would be running 80-90 MPH (not KPH) through the rough mountain roads and hitting the speed governor at around 110 MPH along the straighter stretches. Truly made a possibly boring trip exciting and fun.
I have added a few pics from our trip since I believe it didn't happen if there are no photos.
I've already got a few accessories for the Raptor, and am looking forward to referring to this forum for ideas and advice in the future. Next stop, RSI Works for some extra light!

Attachments

• raptor 1.jpg
    raptor 1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 67
  • raptor 2.jpg
    raptor 2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 58
  • raptor 3.jpg
    raptor 3.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 66
  • raptor 4.jpg
    raptor 4.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 58
  • raptor 7.jpg
    raptor 7.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 63

mike.s

Reaction score
So the new raptors have a 110 limiter? Mine was 100 before I got it tuned.

OP
OP
A

akflier

Reaction score
I'll trade you my truck for your cabin. That way your wife can have her own Raptor.

Ha, sadly that's not our cabin. That's the Bear Paw Lodge in BC. Stayed one short night before continuing heading north. We live in a regular old house...

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

So the new raptors have a 110 limiter? Mine was 100 before I got it tuned.

I confirmed about a half dozen times, I hit the wall right as the needle hovered over 110. Not sure what other years had, but I thought I'd read somewhere on here that it was 108...

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a tough one. You can't go wrong with either. Check this thread out.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=35083

I'm rocking the SVC tune right now and love it. It depends what you like. It's a Coke vs Pepsi thing in my mind. There might be some under the hood differences but from a simple user perspective, I like the SVC because it's only one tune and works in all situations. With 5Star you get different tunes for different situations (economy, performance, towing, etc.). Check that thread out for other perspectives.

Last edited: