New to me Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Novo

Reaction score
Traded in my 2012 xlt Ecoboost that I bought new in 2012 for this sweet slightly used Roush Raptor. Only has 64k on it. I have had it for a couple months now and absolutely love it. One question though, how much boost should it be pulling? Its a factory roush and the most Ive seen it do is about 5-6 psi.

Attachments

• raptor.jpg
    raptor.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 34

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice find, congratulations.

@Novo
I just want to let you know, there is no such thing as a Ford Factory Roush.
Could this Raptor have been sent straight to Roush for a SC kit and then off to a dealer, yes.
It would have a serialized Roush tag mounted on the center console.
Otherwise it would have been dealer installed.

Back in early 2012 there was only the stage 1, 500HP kit, 5-6 psi. boost
The stage II 590HP, 7-9 psi. boost with just a smaller SC pulley and Tune, came out later 2012-2013
But the Roush Tune has harsh banging shifts leading to failed oil pump gears.
Plenty of info about this on the forum.

If your looking to upgrade , check JDM, nothing but great reviews from Roush Raptor owners.
Pulley, Throttle Body and a far better Tune with better shift strategy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Novo

Novo

Reaction score
Yes it's a serialized roush raptor. I know the factory didn't do the upgrades but it's quite a lot of explaining to go over all that. It's roush number 13-1122. I was more curious to know what boost numbers it should have, since I am the second owner I don't have a base line for the truck. As far as condition of the body and interior it looks like it rolled of the show room floor.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes it's a serialized roush raptor. I know the factory didn't do the upgrades but it's quite a lot of explaining to go over all that. It's roush number 13-1122. I was more curious to know what boost numbers it should have, since I am the second owner I don't have a base line for the truck. As far as condition of the body and interior it looks like it rolled of the show room floor.
the roush kit set at a 6psi max out of the box. jdm is the way to go if you are looking for more power but know with more power comes...other parts that need upgrading...

Viccern

Reaction score
I just purchased a '14 Roush Raptor about a month ago as well. Mine's got the serial #, and oddly Roush Performance didn't have any record of my VIN (even though placards of installation and programming are all over the truck). Roush had me have my local (Roush certified) dealer pull the programming data and send it to them and they verified that I had the Roush 'Calibration' already, but I had an early version and they have provided the dealership with an update to flash. I'm told the update does nothing for enhanced performance, but it addresses some TSBs and small issues that affected driveability...hopefully this upgraded calibration will address what @MTF had commented on the tune. It's scheduled to be flashed this coming Tuesday, but if all goes well, I guess I won't see any difference. I've not really had any issue with harsh shifts, but I've babied the truck for the 4 weeks I've had it so far - until I get everything to a confident baseline operation.

OP
OP
Novo

Novo

Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back. Glad to hear that it's working with in specs. Power wise the truck is great. It's also been a lot of fun off road.