Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

New Tail Lights - Blis

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by 2orque43, Oct 26, 2020.

1. 2orque43

2orque43 FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Hey Guys,

I've been looking through a bunch of threads on here as well as other forums, but I can't seem to find much information on this. I had some damage to my driver side tail light so I went ahead and picked up a set off a 2018 F-150 (new tail light design). I figured if I was going to replace I might as well change it up a bit. I installed the new lights on my 2020 screw 802A so it was all plug and play, however now the Blis lights are constantly on. If I am reading correctly do I need to re-program the Blis modules in the new tail lights for my specific VIN/Truck?

The new lights came with the Blis modules already installed, and I cannot really change over because they are a different shape and really wont fit too well.

I found my stock as-built information via the Ford service info site with my VIN, so do I just go through Forscan and plug in the as-built information? I have never dealt with Forscan although I did purchase the OBD2 adapter with the hopes of making other changes.

I've attached a photo of the new tail lights in the event that helps at all. Thanks in advance!

Tail Lights.jpg

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  2. Antho

Antho Full Access Member

Mine worked fine and the BLIS modules swapped over without issue. You have to remove the black BLIS module from the aluminum Heatsink that mounts to the light housing.

IMG_2320.JPG

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  3. 2orque43

Here is a picture, the left is what my original looks like, the module has a small cutout to go around where the wiring connects. The right is the shape of the new one, module does not have a cutout. There are two small tabs that also will not line up with the small holes in the module, I could always cut them off its not a huge deal. I just was not sure if anyone else encountered this.

Tail Light 2.jpg

4. Badgertits

Badgertits FRF Addict

Oh....so that’s what people are talking about when they mention “swapping out for new style lights” - I was confused b/c I thought the stock lights looked good, & now I’m really confused b/c - no offense at all to the OP - these “new style” ones look cheaper & more basic

my truck is black so that may be part of the reason I like the smoked 2 tone color layout of the regular ones

but- whatever makes you happy it is your truck & im sure they’ll work b/c many others have done it!

5. Antho

Antho Full Access Member

Right, Your new tail lights came with new modules correct? So you should have the aluminum mount.. Take the BLIS module off the aluminum mount and put it on the new aluminum mount.

6. 2orque43

They definitely do not stand out as much due to not having the white led, but so far I am happy with the look. Quite a bit more light too with the additional led in the middle, figured if I was going to spend some $$ I'd at least change up the look a bit.

Badgertits likes this.
  7. 2orque43

Ahh okay, so the module attaches to the opposite side of the aluminum mount? I thought the module was the aluminum part itself.

8. isis

isis Full Access Member

Can you guys draw some circles on the pics so someone knows what you’re talking about if they need to?

9. Antho

Antho Full Access Member

The module is black plastic. Remove the metal bracket and the black plastic module is on the inside. Swap the black plastic modules onto the new aluminum brackets. There are 2 screws at the bottom of the module.

s-l1600.jpg

2orque43 likes this.
  10. 2orque43

Ahhh okay I see, thank you! Due to the aluminum being a different shape I figured it would not fit. I will give it a shot tomorrow, appreciate the help!