New Raptor Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kalob123

Reaction score
D1E677AB-057A-45FD-8F3E-F88A1DDB3EA7.jpegNew Raptor owner After being a Ford F-350 guy for many years. Love the true it’s a 202 with 6500 miles on it. Added a few things but my first issue with it is upfitter switch four. Added the three driving lights at each corner worked great for two weeks now no power to fuse 80 which runs switch four. All other upfitter switches all working to new lights not sure what’s going on here. The fuse is good replaced it twice with new to make sure and there is no power going to that fuse now. Any help would be greatfull with out having to take it to the dealership.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 315575New Raptor owner After being a Ford F-350 guy for many years. Love the true it’s a 202 with 6500 miles on it. Added a few things but my first issue with it is upfitter switch four. Added the three driving lights at each corner worked great for two weeks now no power to fuse 80 which runs switch four. All other upfitter switches all working to new lights not sure what’s going on here. The fuse is good replaced it twice with new to make sure and there is no power going to that fuse now. Any help would be greatfull with out having to take it to the dealership.
Switch 4 is rated for 10 amps. I would be VERY surprised if whatever six lights you have don't pull more than a combined 10 amps. I would also suggest changing the title of your thread from "N".

Last edited:
OP
OP
kalob123

kalob123

Reaction score
Switch 4 is rated for 10 amps. I would be VERY surprised if whatever six lights you have don't pull more than a combined 10 amps. I would also suggest changing the title of your thread from "N".
And if it was over 10 amps it should of blown the fuse but it is not blown so where to go from here.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF!
What color are you going to coat the primer with ? :cool:
Added the three driving lights at each corner worked great for two weeks now no power to fuse 80 which runs switch four.
Ruh Roh Shaggy!
Switch 4 is rated for 10 amps
Yup...
And if it was over 10 amps it should of blown the fuse but it is not blown so where to go from here.
Not necessarily. Try to pull DTCs, look for a BCM fault. You can use FORSCAN to pull and clear codes as well as do cool mods like Lincoln fold mirrors, sync updates to home screen, numeric values over the gauges, silence the chimes, etc.

You probably need to wire in a relay for 6 lights on up fitter 4 or swap them to another up fitter with more available amps.
Good luck and

#OneLessprius

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 315575New Raptor owner After being a Ford F-350 guy for many years. Love the true it’s a 202 with 6500 miles on it. Added a few things but my first issue with it is upfitter switch four. Added the three driving lights at each corner worked great for two weeks now no power to fuse 80 which runs switch four. All other upfitter switches all working to new lights not sure what’s going on here. The fuse is good replaced it twice with new to make sure and there is no power going to that fuse now. Any help would be greatfull with out having to take it to the dealership.
You need to run relays for those lights.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would argue that you should never wire directly into the upfitter. I know ford says it’s ok but with how sensitive these trucks are I like to have separate harnesses, relays, fuses, ignition protected breakers, dedicated grounds, basically only using the upfitters to trigger the relay, the least amount of interaction as possible.