New owner of a Ford Hennessey VelociRaptor 600

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
i just notcied he said the Raptor's "horrible on the road". he's a ****** moron and needs to remember he's in a truck...

That was my main beef about the review. And did he leave the studio when they took the VR600 around the track? Even more power and still stock suspension........horrible on road?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
That was my main beef about the review. And did he leave the studio when they took the VR600 around the track? Even more power and still stock suspension........horrible on road?

exactly. he's telling us how bad it is on the road as he quivers along the wash @ 70mph :rolleyes:

Lead Foot

Reaction score
Flag on the field. Illegal use of multiple Smilies in lieu of anything creative or intelligent to say. 10 yard penalty. Repeat first down.
LOL If i didn't know better ,i would think ya Know me :~)

Thats all I Could come up with LOL ,When your right Your Right :~)

Whats Kicking my ass Right now is i Fell about 6' and Caught all my weight on my left wrist breaking the shit out of it.... they put 8 screws and a plate in my left wrist What a Bitch LOL

So i got about 4 more weeks before i will even be able to go back to work :~( But the Raptor is a Done Deal! After tax time It will be Game On!

2011 Blue SCab No Graphics!

Will a dealer Move the front Springs To the second notch? Anybody ever ask LOL

I will say its been nice Laying around the house since its been cold here :~) I Run Heavy Machines in a Wood Yard for a Paper mill.... I Like my Job! But Shift work Sux!

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
LOL If i didn't know better ,i would think ya Know me :~)

Thats all I Could come up with LOL ,When your right Your Right :~)

Whats Kicking my ass Right now is i Fell about 6' and Caught all my weight on my left wrist breaking the shit out of it.... they put 8 screws and a plate in my left wrist What a Bitch LOL

So i got about 4 more weeks before i will even be able to go back to work :~( But the Raptor is a Done Deal! After tax time It will be Game On!

2011 Blue SCab No Graphics!

Will a dealer Move the front Springs To the second notch? Anybody ever ask LOL

I will say its been nice Laying around the house since its been cold here :~) I Run Heavy Machines in a Wood Yard for a Paper mill.... I Like my Job! But Shift work Sux!

Damn! I've heard "All I got for Christmas was my 2 front teeth". I didn't realize there was a song about a splintered wrist too! That sucks, man! I guess its a helluva lot easier to click on some Smilies than it is to type a paragraph right now. By my rough calculations, it took you 20 hours and 58 minutes to type out your response to my penalty flag.

Congrats on the Christmas present... the truck, not the wrist.

Last edited:

Slick67

Reaction score
Congrats on your new VR600 Raptor. With all the excitment about this truck, I hope my question isn't deflating.

How does this affect Ford's factory warrany? and with the added mods on the engine by Hennessy, will it make the Raptor less "rugged"?

OP
OP
Scottysspeedshop

Scottysspeedshop

A.D.D. VelociRaptor 600 Owner
Reaction score
Hennessey has a 12 mounth 12000 on their work ford Warranty stays in tact .If I understad correctly its looked at as a dealer installed package,as for it being less rugged I wouldent think so.

Reaction score
Congrats on your new VR600 Raptor. With all the excitment about this truck, I hope my question isn't deflating.

How does this affect Ford's factory warrany? and with the added mods on the engine by Hennessy, will it make the Raptor less "rugged"?

Will adding any aftermarket parts to your vehicle affect your warranty is an issue that is best discussed with the service manager or service writer at the dealership where you purchased your vehicle, however, the general answer is no. The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act states that the warranty on any vehicle may not be voided due to an aftermarket part unless it can be proved that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to failure in the vehicle. Many dealers are accustomed to supporting enthusiasts. When considering vehicle purchase or warranty claims, attempt to work with a performance oriented dealership that has the reputation of working with customers.

Thanks,
James

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Will adding any aftermarket parts to your vehicle affect your warranty is an issue that is best discussed with the service manager or service writer at the dealership where you purchased your vehicle, however, the general answer is no. The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act states that the warranty on any vehicle may not be voided due to an aftermarket part unless it can be proved that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to failure in the vehicle. Many dealers are accustomed to supporting enthusiasts. When considering vehicle purchase or warranty claims, attempt to work with a performance oriented dealership that has the reputation of working with customers.

Thanks,
James

This is so misleading because the M-M act was created to allow consumers to use aftermarket parts to replace EXISTING OEM PARTS(brakes, hoses, filters, etc). If you have an engine failure and they say your FRAM Oil Filter caused the failure, and you are getting deep enough for legal action with the M-M Act you will probably win your case because you will be able to prove that FRAM is recognized as OEM quality or better.

If you have an engine failure due to a Supercharger, long tube headers, cold air intake and an ECU flash and take legal action with the M-M act- you will lose.

The correct answer would be to go to a certified SVT Dealership that Ford trusts to perform such work and speak with the service manager about the impact on your warranty. In a lot of cases they will guarantee the new performance parts for 12,000 miles but we're not talking about your factory warranty.

I don't get why this is so hard to understand and why performance shops like Hennessey and JDM continue to use the same vague line and M-M Act as an excuse. It ain't gonna happen.

Ford: Sir, your engine is blown.
Owner: Ok, so my warranty covers a new engine right?
Ford: Well, where did you have the supercharger installed?
Owner: Rico's Performance Tijuana Wanna Hump-Hump Shop
Ford: Who?
Owner: I dunno, I know a "guy"
Ford: Good day sir, would you like a complementary tow back to your driveway?
Owner: Huh?, uh, ya, sure.
Ford: I'm sure you do, but unfortunately Ford's Roadside Assistance doesn't cover out of warranty vehicles.