New owner from NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrttClne22

Reaction score
Congrats, sounds like a heck of a deal with all the goodies! I'm outside of Asheville.

Definitely hit up Goose for your tuning needs. Just got him to tune mine, it feels like a rocketship in comparison to stock. Warranty is a concern but looking at his thread he has an excellent track record.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello all. Just picked up a new to me 2018 lead foot supercrew with 16.8k miles on the clock. Bonus is that the previous owner already installed some nice upgrades: ceramic coating, AFE cold air intake, Garrett intercooler, Radium Engineering catch can, some sort of tune, "manifold-back" exhaust, Undercover Ultra Flex tonneau cover. I'm trying to see if I can find out who the previous owner was so I can get more info on the tune and exhaust. I'm a little nervous about the tune and warranty issues. Otherwise, I love this truck and looking forward to exploring the forums.View attachment 157072 View attachment 157073

Congrats!

Enjoy it! If we can do anything to help you outfit it, just let us know.

As for tune, that's personal preference. I don't hear of many people having issues, however, if you wanted to upgrade and do it on the safe side... You could just do a Roush cold air kit.

Through tonight at midnight I believe, you can still take advantage of the 10% off the sale price of Roush Cold Air Kits. (The discount code is - ROUSHBFCM) It is good on all cold air kits, power packs exhausts and superchargers.

Here is a link-

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...nd-3-5l-roush-ecoboost-v6-cold-air-intake-kit

You can also do the PedalMax which improves response, but does not reprogram the truck.

Here is a link-

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...ttle-enhancement-device-plug-and-play-px1114f

And if you wanted to do any lighting, we manufacture and sell some pretty impressive kits. You can see them here.

https://specialtyperformanceparts.com/collections/all-ford-raptor-light-kits

I also haven't had time to take down our Door Busters yet, so you can still nab some in that section for the next few hours here-

https://specialtyperformanceparts.com/collections/specials

And last, but not least, if you want to just educate yourself on some of the light kits, installs, bed covers, etc... You can follow this link to my Youtube Videos on them-

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRTd4VSm33TJslnlTalX6dTV51Oq065AI

Enjoy your truck!

John
SPVparts.com
317-93-GO-SPV
info @ spvparts.com

OP
OP
Jwin

Jwin

Reaction score
Definitely hit up Goose for your tuning needs. Just got him to tune mine, it feels like a rocketship in comparison to stock. Warranty is a concern but looking at his thread he has an excellent track record.

Thanks! Definitely want to make a trip to Asheville someday soon.

My issue is the truck has already has a tune. I was supposed to get a programmer but the dealer didn’t have it. I want to find out what kind of tune is currently on it and maybe go back to stock to avoid any warranty issues.

BrttClne22

Reaction score
Thanks! Definitely want to make a trip to Asheville someday soon.

My issue is the truck has already has a tune. I was supposed to get a programmer but the dealer didn’t have it. I want to find out what kind of tune is currently on it and maybe go back to stock to avoid any warranty issues.
Ah, I see. That's a tough spot to be in. I know the Cobb Accessport can detect a non stock tune, but I'm not sure where you would go from there. You could try to have them flash the ecm back to stock just to be safe. So they advertised it as tuned? If so, that surprises me.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jwin

Jwin

Reaction score
So they advertised it as tuned? If so, that surprises me.

Yeah they were trying to use it as a selling point and to justify their asking price. “Previous owner put in over $x thousand worth of upgrades.” Blah blah blah. I asked if they can give me the email of the previous owner if he is okay with it so I can reach out. They are checking but I doubt they will try hard at this point since I already bought the truck. Considering all the other mods are well known brands and not cheap, I’m sure the tune is good too but just want to know.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! I’m in Charlotte. Goosetuned looks based out of NM. You think they can figure it out somehow?

Yes, if you give them your VIN, they will know exactly what tunes they sold the previous owner.

EDIT: I might have misread a previous reply. Goosetuned will know your tune if the previous owner bought it from them. Otherwise, you will have to find out the type of tunes installed on your truck.

Do you mind saying how much you paid for your 2018?

OP
OP
Jwin

Jwin

Reaction score
Yes, if you give them your VIN, they will know exactly what tunes they sold the previous owner.

EDIT: I might have misread a previous reply. Goosetuned will know your tune if the previous owner bought it from them. Otherwise, you will have to find out the type of tunes installed on your truck.

Do you mind saying how much you paid for your 2018?

I talked to Goose and he can't search by VIN, only by customer name and only if the tune was purchased from him like you said. At this point, I'm waiting to see what the dealer can find out for me.
n
I hate to say that I probably overpaid for the truck, $67.5k. It was priced high due to the mint condition, low miles, and upgrades. Also included is a lifetime powertrain warranty. Factory options include 802a and tech, carbon fiber, rear step, spray in bedliner, moonroof, 2nd row heated seats. Not sure if it had the graphics package or not and was subsequently removed.