New engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m curious how all these car rag reviews are getting 3.8 or 3.9 0-60s times for the TRX. The factory rated it for 4.5s. Did they do the conservative number for insurance reasons or to throw Ford off target? Or did they give reviewers a higher powered truck to play with and gather more pre sales? Seems like some game playing.

zfgracing

Reaction score
I did a random time and hit 0-60 in under 5 seconds with only a couple mods and a tune. If I didn’t have these monstrously heavy wheels and tires, I would be in the lower 4s I am sure. If you want to be fast, just get some lightweight forged rims and lighter all terrain tires. That and the basics will get you just as fast as TRX I am sure. I have seen numerous members with just tunes running mid 4s, which is TRX land factory. Not to mention you probably have at least 25% more range before refueling.
If you can ditch a lot of rotating Mass, you can run the 3.1x-3.2x.

Case and point

4x4 xlt on stock turbos. Definitely lighter than a raptor by a little, geared better etc etc. Just an example of how a different the setup can play into the times. This truck was a touch under 600 whp on stock turbos.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

jrm

Reaction score
I've got the same general everything done setup: stage 4 CRP, manifolds, downpipes, etc... and at the risk of being a total downer can these things even be sold now? I'm at 530/496 iirc ( and it was dyne-tuned by MPT.

e85 is readily available where I live and realistically this is my wife's daily driver... I can turn it into e30 pretty easy.

I'm still worried that e85 will corrode the engine and it'll cost me $3000 for the new tune, HPFP and install for another 100?

zfgracing

Reaction score
I've got the same general everything done setup: stage 4 CRP, manifolds, downpipes, etc... and at the risk of being a total downer can these things even be sold now? I'm at 530/496 iirc ( and it was dyne-tuned by MPT.

e85 is readily available where I live and realistically this is my wife's daily driver... I can turn it into e30 pretty easy.

I'm still worried that e85 will corrode the engine and it'll cost me $3000 for the new tune, HPFP and install for another 100?
You guys need to stop worrying about E85 affecting your engines negatively modern materials are compatible with E85. I have gen 2 3.5l with 75k plus miles on e85 with no issues.

496 whp on 93 octane is pretty good depending on the baseline.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter