New engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magaraptor

Reaction score
I got a 2018 raptor I got all the mods done to it upgraded turbo‘s etc. since I’m still not satisfied with it what’s the best V-8 swap, Coyote?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any Coyote swap is a major expense and a ton of work. Everything is different from the PCM and harnesses to the transmission. The Velociraptor in the video posted by @CoronaRaptor costs $148,000, including the truck. That puts the conversation cost at around $75,000, at least from Hennessy. Even at that cost and with a 2.9L Whipple, it’s still only putting down 570HP to the wheels. What are you at with your current setup?

If you want more power, your most cost effective route is a built short block from RMB Motorworks. They’re all fully forged and even the Stage 1 is good for up to 700 WHP and starts at less than $5k. Stage 2 supports 1000WHP and is only $1k more.

If you absolutely must have a V8, wait and see what Ford comes out with for Gen 3. With the competition from the TRX, chances are there will be an option for the 5.2 Predator engine in a high-end model. With the cost of a V8 swap on a 2nd gen, it would be surely be cheaper to buy a 3rd Gen Predator. Not only that, but it would be all OE engineered and tested with a full factory warranty.

Last edited:

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
@FordTechOne - roughly how much hp/torque can the factory 10spd handle in the Raptor? I have zero interest in adding power to the truck (I’m not throwing away my extended warranty for 8 years), but I’m just curious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter