New 2017 Raptor, New Section.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TangoUniform

Reaction score
Damn, I will probably get one. Love my 14 but I like the new technology (around view cameras, terrain selector, 10 speed, etc.) but it will be tough giving up the V8. Hopefully the EB will be 500+hp and make up for the loss.

The tricky part is price... looks like the 2015 is about $7,000 more for a loaded Platinum. Will they go $10k more than the current rig? Sadly it could be likely. Not sure all the upgrades are worth $10k.

yamahauler16

Reaction score
I think its awesome. Great Job Ford.

Embrace the technology. Flip phone vs. iPhone. TT EB motor is going to be just fine and a better performer than the 6.2. More power/More MPG

If I am in a position to buy one and they aren't 70k ill be first in line.

Im more interested in what changes chassis and suspension wise. We can already outrun the stock suspension with a stock motor easily. Are things going to be better aligned?

Interior looks awesome. Current Generation Raptors are great trucks, but lets face it. They are not too much more than a standard F-150 with a decent shock package and better looks. I own one and love it but thats the reality.

Looking forward to the details that will be coming...

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, I will probably get one. Love my 14 but I like the new technology (around view cameras, terrain selector, 10 speed, etc.) but it will be tough giving up the V8. Hopefully the EB will be 500+hp and make up for the loss.

The tricky part is price... looks like the 2015 is about $7,000 more for a loaded Platinum. Will they go $10k more than the current rig? Sadly it could be likely. Not sure all the upgrades are worth $10k.

I think we are looking at $70,000.

chartguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SVT is being swallowed by Ford's Global Performance Group, and will no longer exist.

chartguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am wondering whether the special body parts (wider fenders, different hood) will be aluminum. The tooling for that could be very expensive relative to the volume. I believe the original Raptor fenders were composite, not steel.

ProjecT 9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the new engine will be fine, before the raptor I had a 14' limited with the ecoboost. The eco's low end tq makes the truck feel light plus being 500lbs lighter is even better. Mods are starting to come around for the eco , upgraded turbos, tuning, etc. plus it sounds like the internals will be stronger in the raptor version with additional head work. Factory Forged bottom end v6 with some aftermarket turbo upgrades, tuning. I'm sure we'll see some power coming out of the new raptors motor in no time.

nukemustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some things on the '17 I like, some things make me super happy to own a '14. We will see when they actually show up on lots with MSRP stickers + mark-up