New 2017 Raptor, New Section.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested but I love the way ours look now. Im liking the interior and the head lights. 6" wider? Holy cow.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Front fenders and such were stated that like our current truck will be composite construction.

The 3.5L EB motor we are getting will be like the Ford GT motor. Its based off what they did for the Daytona Prototype racing. So it should be a detuned version of the GT. The question will be what turbo's the Raptor gets and what turbos the T gets to see how much we will be able to squeeze from the motor before having to change out the turbos which is $$$$

I am glad it at least is getting a properly built motor. So as @Rookie you should not get one as the motor is going to be very $$$$ to replace on the 17's when you take it for a swim.

NJ2000R

Reaction score
I like the new design, minus the tailgate....that may take some getting use to....

When I bought my R, I really wished Ford offered the V6 ecoboost option, because I've had a 2010 Lincoln MKT (wife's previous ride) and 2013 Explorer Sport (wife's current ride) both with ecoboost....great mileage on the highway, with tons of power when needed....when gas was more expensive, that was a factor....gas right now is cheap, so, much less of a factor....

HP/TQ - I highway drag raced my R against my wife in the explorer sport from a standing start - believe it or not, she pulled me right off the line, and I ran neck and neck with her for quite a while before pulling ahead....of course, I was in 2WD and the explorer has AWD so I spun the tires on launch while she immediately hooked up....

Exhaust note - Nothing coming out of a V6 sound wise will beat the rumble of a massive V8, especially with the Corsa Extreme exhaust I have on mine....nothing beats that roar when you get on it....

The extra switches are great, hopefully they made it easy to wire up to them from both under the dash and under the hood for inside and outside connections....

The keyless is nice, our explorer sport has it....keys never leave your pocket, not even to open the doors....

bottom line, I'll be keeping my R for a while....I love that truck!

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh and the Ford GT sounds mean but that is a Mid Engine rear exit and they always sound nasty. the Raptor will sound crappy compared to the GT. I am hoping that a side exit exhaust is released that can shorten up the piping and get some of the meanness back closer to the GT's sound. It will not ever be as mean as my 6.2L lightning setup but should still be enough to **** people off next to you

Supercup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall, looks good and I like it. But ...

1) Front of the vehicle - design looks cool, but looks to "plastic". The outline on the headlights looks cool

2) I DO NOT LIKE THE TAILGATE as well. That plastic on it. I do not like that.

3) Overall, truck looks good. I wouldn't say a ton better than my 2014. The kicker will be how that new EcoBoost works in the real world. If it's badass and has substantially better mileage, that would be nice. If it's only 3-4 mpg better overall, big deal. I'd rather have my throaty V8 6.2L.

Agree with you on all fronts.

On number 2 - I also don't like the tailgate and the "stick on" F-150 and Raptor - the Raptor is in starndard Ford font - loosing the cool Raptor font on our trucks.

On number 3 - while on the "EPA" the motor will post better figures, in the real world driven hard the mileage will not be great regardless!

Other -

Hope the 500 lb weight loss is real - that is a real win

10 speed transmission - better be smooth! That is a lot of shifting! I had a Porsche Cayenne Turbo with 8 speed auto - thing was shifting all the time, had to run it in sport mode all the time to hold a gear. Hated the transmission, but loved the vehicle. Ended up selling it for a Panamera Turbo with 7 speed PDK which is the ultimate transmission.

This 10 speed thing is something to watch for sure, more is not always better, especially when some of the motivation is only for EPA rating.

Exhaust exiting thru rear bumper looks cool - but tailgate will always be comvered in soot as well as the bumper.

Regardless I will likely have one in my garage as mine will have a lot of miles by then and I am sure my son who will be 17 then will think he take mine and I get a new one!

Last edited: