New 2017 Raptor, New Section.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else think it was a mistake to scrap the SVT logo? I know it is changing to Ford Performance or something like that, but SVT seemed to be a good brand.

yea, it seems out of place...almost feels like a package that you can order with your stock lariat...

Jag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still letting it gel with me.... There are things with the front and back I like and things I don't like and things I really don't like. I've never been a fan of 'spoiler' tailgates. I kind of like the blocky lettering, though it seems a bit odd to me across the top. Too boxy from the side.

6cyl can sound pretty BA. Taking weight off the front end isn't a bad thing, but is it truly lighter with all of the extra plumbing? Power is power, especially if it comes on quick and sustains itself.

I'm sure it will grow on me, but I'm not ready to jump on a new one just yet.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question though, is it still a SVT? I dont see it either...

Mixed feelings about the ecoboost. LOVED the motor in my platinum, but the V8 is well.....a V8. Touch the throttle and it jumps. My ecoboost pulled harder, but that thump just off idle...thats only in a V8.

--John

80sTiger

Reaction score
I also noticed, the center hood vent reminds me of the old Chevy HD hood vent. I like our twin vents.

Not only are the twin vents less like Chevy, I think they are more prominent when viewing. The twins are more to the front and sides.

EXrider

Reaction score
its still the same truck, its just 500lbs less with aluminum frame and V6 twin turbo. offroad i would think you want all the low end torque from V8 or Straight block. seems like the V6TT is for all out HP and top end. maybe of the rpm band of the turbos are from idle to 2k. 10 speed trans sounds cool, but im thinking weaker gears at the point also. i think once the truck is out and the interior products come up for sale, thats gonna be the ticket to mod out the current generation of trucks. i think ford did a great job making a truck for the street queen users.

The old EB's actually had a far better torque curve than the 6.2, even out of the hole, that's why there's two turbos instead of one. The EB with the Raptor tune will likely have an even better power curve.

Diesel like power curve with the screaming top end as well. Still a fan of the 6.2 though, it's hard to beat simplicity when you start to push the envelope.

Also, that new tailgate is fugly, looks straight off of a plasticy GM Avalanche or Aztek.

Black6

Reaction score
SERIOUSLY FORD, NO V-8 OPTION?

I have owned two 6.2 Raptors and one Ecoboost FX4 in the last three years, and am disappointed as heck that the next Raptor will not be available with a V-8 because I know better.