New 2013 Raptor=stolen spare tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how the spare got stolen. Saturday, when I picked up the raptor from the Galveston dealer I inspected the whole truck top to bottom, and everything was there even the spare. Later that day I drove it to San Antonio and spent the night at a hotel near the airport. The funny thing is that I parked right in front of the sign that said, "We are not responsible for any damage or stolen vehicles." :signs8:

Well turns out that in Sunday morning when I checked and was heading towards my truck I noticed that the wire that holds the spare was half ways down. Immediately, I thought ohh, I just got f*****.

It doesn't seem the wire was cut. Who ever stole it managed to remove the spare without doing any damage. I will upload a pic shortly of how I found it.

Did you check the bumper where the lock for the spare tire lowering access point is located? You/we need to understand if your tire was secured/locked properly and how it was removed.

Make sure you check the local sales sites (CraigsList, etc.) to see if you can find your wheel/tire!

OP
OP
R

raptortxs

Reaction score
photo-19.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Yes I checked everything even the lock was still there. Once I went underneath the truck to see how it got stolen, it seems that the black funnel leading to the spare tire lock nut can be very easy removed and you can insert what ever fits in there to lower the spare wheel.

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Proud and excited to be a new owner of a 2013 ford raptor, oxford white. Well, that excitement didn't last long. Over the weekend I picked the raptor from the dealer and not even 12 hours had past and my spare tire got stolen....gizzz man, come oooon!!!!! :mad:

Will post pics later.

Are there any other parts that can be easily stolen from a raptor that I should be aware of??

Unbelievable. Over the past two weeks, we have investigated this same thing with other F150's. We also have had a rise in people cutting the catalytic converters out of trucks and also believe it or not the drive shafts.

I am so burned out lately with people's behavior with stealing and damaging others property.

Must be that the economy is coming back and there is hope and change in the air (sorry I couldn't avoid being a smart ass).

Sorry for your loss. It would have been nice to come and catch the person under the truck. :gr_guns:

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That beyond sucks dam it... Now I gotta move my spare...

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Unbelievable. Over the past two weeks, we have investigated this same thing with other F150's. We also have had a rise in people cutting the catalytic converters out of trucks and also believe it or not the drive shafts.

I am so burned out lately with people's behavior with stealing and damaging others property.

Must be that the economy is coming back and there is hope and change in the air (sorry I couldn't avoid being a smart ass).

Sorry for your loss. It would have been nice to come and catch the person under the truck. :gr_guns:

This is how George Zimmerman got in trouble...

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That lock on the rear bumper is a joke, its plastic and can be poped through with some force.

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That beyond sucks dam it... Now I gotta move my spare...

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

This is how George Zimmerman got in trouble...

If you want to call defending yourself getting in trouble, that is entirely up to you and for a different forum.

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... you're a police officer that would condone shooting someone for a spare tire?

I am on this forum to talk about trucks, not engage you or anyone else in a question about use of force, or deadly force. If you want to have a politically charged discussion, I think CNN is hosting a forum on another website. My point is that there are not too many who respect or value others property. Finding someone who cares about others and their property is almost a rare find nowadays.