New 2013 Raptor=stolen spare tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptortxs

Reaction score
Proud and excited to be a new owner of a 2013 ford raptor, oxford white. Well, that excitement didn't last long. Over the weekend I picked the raptor from the dealer and not even 12 hours had past and my spare tire got stolen....gizzz man, come oooon!!!!! :mad:

Will post pics later.

Are there any other parts that can be easily stolen from a raptor that I should be aware of??

13_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks since I'm sure it will come out of your pocket with the deductible....

I keep my tailgate locked. I may have to look into a cable lock for my spare.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the local guys used a bike lock like the one in the link. He drilled a hole in the bed, put the cable through the tire, through the loop built into the cable at the end, and then ran the narrow end up into the bed where he locked it to something. That way the lock was always protected from the elements.

Amazon.com: RavX Xtenda Combo 12: Sports & Outdoors

If I can get a hold of him, I'll find out what lock he bought and post it up.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome FNG! That really sucks about the spare. If you are located in the Southeast, PM and I'll hook you with a spare SVT wheel. Though, I don't any extra tires.

Zman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Proud and excited to be a new owner of a 2013 ford raptor, oxford white. Well, that excitement didn't last long. Over the weekend I picked the raptor from the dealer and not even 12 hours had past and my spare tire got stolen....gizzz man, come oooon!!!!! :mad:

Will post pics later.

Are there any other parts that can be easily stolen from a raptor that I should be aware of??

Damn where do you live? That sucks

OP
OP
R

raptortxs

Reaction score
I don't know how the spare got stolen. Saturday, when I picked up the raptor from the Galveston dealer I inspected the whole truck top to bottom, and everything was there even the spare. Later that day I drove it to San Antonio and spent the night at a hotel near the airport. The funny thing is that I parked right in front of the sign that said, "We are not responsible for any damage or stolen vehicles." :signs8:

Well turns out that in Sunday morning when I checked and was heading towards my truck I noticed that the wire that holds the spare was half ways down. Immediately, I thought ohh, I just got f*****.

It doesn't seem the wire was cut. Who ever stole it managed to remove the spare without doing any damage. I will upload a pic shortly of how I found it.