New 2011 SVT Raptor Molten Orange in NYC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks, I have finally pulled the trigger. I am happy to announce that I'm the proud new owner of a new fully loaded (all options including hood and digital mud graphics) 2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor SCAB in a beautiful and classic "Molten Orange" with black interior leather surrounded by aluminum dash trim, manufactured 9/2011. I was really lucky. The only truck in the lot 2 1/2 weeks old and 20 miles. What can I tell you, I really debated this for a while, and basically decided that a front camera, cooled seats and Torsen front differential were not worth the idiotic wait of counting days without updates, vin# or a miserable tentative delivery date that changed every other week. Thank you all for your feedback, now here come the mods.....

OP
OP
aalonso

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm located in the Upper West Side. So I took off from work today to travel 140 miles north up to Crowley Ford located in Plainville, Connecticut to pickup my 2011 Scab Molten Orange Raptor. The Raptor had 20 miles on the odometer. I then drove back to NYC, first stop was to make sure the truck fitted in my parking spot and it did. Then, drove all over Manhattan and Brooklyn. By day's end i had already clocked 200 miles.

First impressions are:
1.- It handles and drives great on the highway. Had it at various speeds from 55 and up to 85mph.

2.- This truck is definitely made for NYC streets; it just glides over potholes and you barely feel anything. My wife is very happy that with this truck she does not hear me curse out the mayor every time I hit a pothole as I used to do with my old 6 series bimmer.

3.- The Molten Orange color changes hues depending on sun light. This morning the sun was shining and the metallic flakes sort of created a bright and vibrant shade of orange. This afternoon with cloudy skies, the color became more of a reddish hue.

This truck is just awesome. No other words can describe it. I will post pics soon.

Reaction score
It is a sweet truck man, IMO, Molten Orange is the only way to go, it looks damn good in the sun. Unfortunately I live in the Pacific Northwest where the sun never shines and theres no need for car washes. I HATE HATE HATE when people say my truck is red. It looks reddish orange in cloudy weather, but get it in the sun light and the green flakes and the mettallic and pearl really make that paint job look sexxxy

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm located in the Upper West Side. So I took off from work today to travel 140 miles north up to Crowley Ford located in Plainville, Connecticut to pickup my 2011 Scab Molten Orange Raptor. The Raptor had 20 miles on the odometer. I then drove back to NYC, first stop was to make sure the truck fitted in my parking spot and it did. Then, drove all over Manhattan and Brooklyn. By day's end i had already clocked 200 miles.

First impressions are:
1.- It handles and drives great on the highway. Had it at various speeds from 55 and up to 85mph.

2.- This truck is definitely made for NYC streets; it just glides over potholes and you barely feel anything. My wife is very happy that with this truck she does not hear me curse out the mayor every time I hit a pothole as I used to do with my old 6 series bimmer.

3.- The Molten Orange color changes hues depending on sun light. This morning the sun was shining and the metallic flakes sort of created a bright and vibrant shade of orange. This afternoon with cloudy skies, the color became more of a reddish hue.

This truck is just awesome. No other words can describe it. I will post pics soon.

hey welcome an im not to far away in staten island when i get my 12 we gotta meet up an shoot the sht