Nevada Desert Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought this was a fun trip worth sharing. My wife and I just spent the last two weekends making notes and the GPS file for the BITD Vegas to Reno desert race. We did 500 miles the first weekend and 400ish miles the second weekend all in the dirt. Basically from Beatty, NV to Dayton, NV. Overall the truck did great, we encountered mud, silt, sand, water, and rocks. Almost got stuck quite a few times, but the truck handled everything that we through at it.

Mostly stock except for prototype SDI E-clik controller and their prototype upgraded upper mount. A few more stories and pictures on Instagram under @levelupsuspension

View attachment 367071

View attachment 367062 View attachment 367063

View attachment 367065
View attachment 367064
I like your bedside graphics! Different, but subtle.

OP
OP
SMIKE

SMIKE

Reaction score
I am sure that was fun, BigRig and I have done Minden to Las Vegas twice, 2021 and 2022. Not that exact route, but overlaps in areas.

Rad! It's so fun out there. Would be cool to get a group to do a similar route. I have a GPS file of it after all hhaa.

Roger33

Reaction score
Thought this was a fun trip worth sharing. My wife and I just spent the last two weekends making notes and the GPS file for the BITD Vegas to Reno desert race. We did 500 miles the first weekend and 400ish miles the second weekend all in the dirt. Basically from Beatty, NV to Dayton, NV. Overall the truck did great, we encountered mud, silt, sand, water, and rocks. Almost got stuck quite a few times, but the truck handled everything that we through at it.

Mostly stock except for prototype SDI E-clik controller and their prototype upgraded upper mount. A few more stories and pictures on Instagram under @levelupsuspension

View attachment 367071

View attachment 367062 View attachment 367063

View attachment 367065
View attachment 367064
Is that Helio's truck there as well?

OP
OP
SMIKE

SMIKE

Reaction score
It is! Unfortunately he didn't get to do much of the course with us though....I had invited him out to go with us but not everything wen according to plan...We started Fri, it dumped rain all night Thur night. We got about 30 miles into course it was almost impassible. A foot of water sitting on top of foot deep silt beds. Basically makes for two foot mud pits. We managed to get through the silt bed and barely around a small "dry" lake bed that had filled over night. He planned to do the rest of the 450ish miles with us through the weekend. When we made it through the lake bed we decided to call it after grabbing some lunch. The course was just too wet and we knew they were going to have to make changes. There was no point in getting both of us stuck for a course section that wasn't even going to be run on race day. We hung out in bishop for the next 24 hours or so and then took back off Sunday morning. It was a long day 5am-10pm offroad, did about 400 miles. We finished the last bit Monday morning, picked up our friend in Reno and then headed back to Vegas for tech and contingency.

Roger33

Reaction score
It is! Unfortunately he didn't get to do much of the course with us though....I had invited him out to go with us but not everything wen according to plan...We started Fri, it dumped rain all night Thur night. We got about 30 miles into course it was almost impassible. A foot of water sitting on top of foot deep silt beds. Basically makes for two foot mud pits. We managed to get through the silt bed and barely around a small "dry" lake bed that had filled over night. He planned to do the rest of the 450ish miles with us through the weekend. When we made it through the lake bed we decided to call it after grabbing some lunch. The course was just too wet and we knew they were going to have to make changes. There was no point in getting both of us stuck for a course section that wasn't even going to be run on race day. We hung out in bishop for the next 24 hours or so and then took back off Sunday morning. It was a long day 5am-10pm offroad, did about 400 miles. We finished the last bit Monday morning, picked up our friend in Reno and then headed back to Vegas for tech and contingency.
Right on! Sounds like quite the adventure. I went on a run with Hello last October for the first time with him and it was Ana absolute blast. Great guy and very helpful and knowledgeable in the dirt.

OP
OP
SMIKE

SMIKE

Reaction score
Right on! Sounds like quite the adventure. I went on a run with Hello last October for the first time with him and it was Ana absolute blast. Great guy and very helpful and knowledgeable in the dirt.
Agreed he's a good dude. I felt bad that he made the trek out and we weren't able to continue. We owe him a redo trip for sure!

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Agreed he's a good dude. I felt bad that he made the trek out and we weren't able to continue. We owe him a redo trip for sure!
I thought that was his! Helio is awesome. I haven't been on his channel in a bit because YouTube stopped showing me his videos for some reason, but he's super nice. I've had a few discussions with him on there. Anyone know if he's on FRF?