Cross-country Road Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ChrisMcP05

ChrisMcP05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when is your trip?
July 3-20
That's a lot of miles for a three week trip. You won't have time to stay in one place very long but I think the truck will do fine. Let us know how it went when you're back home!
no doubt. Trying to make our way to glacier as quick as possible. Have a cabin in Tahoe for 8 days mid-trip. Looking for good short / medium length hikes that the dogs can go on between glacier and Tahoe.

TDBrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO your truck will be fine. No comment on cost of fuel/depreciation vs rental—I haven’t done the math. I drove Utah to NYC towing a trailer. Then came back by driving mostly off-road on the TransAmerica Trail from North Carolina to Utah. Had zero reliability issues and I wasn’t taking it easy off-road. And it’s comfortable!

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove my Gen 2 from Florida Panhandle to New Mexico and back. 3,500+ miles total and not a single issue. Ran 80+ on the Interstate and everything went great. Gonna take essentially the same trip in August and will not hesitate to take the Raptor! Extremely comfortable!

Side note, truck now has about 43,000 on the odometer and was at about 35,000 when I left home. Since new the truck had used about a quart of oil every oil change @ 5,000 miles. Since the road trip oil consumption is essentially non-existent.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your not in a hurry and would like to see some of the best of Oregon.
Baker city-Salisbury-McEwin-Galina-long creek-Hamilton-Monument-Kimberly-Spray-Fossil-Clarno-Antelope-Madras-Bend.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@richardhead84 has. dont know if he is on here much, but he spent a few nights at my house in colorado fixing a couple things on their enduro bikes. the did some damage on the eastern side. heading west i believe was a lot easier. he could tell you the trails that would fit the truck