Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Need new tires, maybe wheels too

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by houtex1, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Beinkounter

Beinkounter Full Access Member

20’ Fuel Vapor wheels, 35 inch Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Offroads like a champ with no problems.

2. houtex1

houtex1 Member

I don't mind the hazing. I'm guilty of it myself. Sometimes it's just fun.

Narrowed it down to 3. I'll post pics and review once it's done.

3. FXT

FXT Member

What width of a wheel and what is backspacing?

4. pbtjrlmrt

pbtjrlmrt Full Access Member

The 17" bead locks from the 17 and 18 MY look great and the KO2s or Nitto Ridge Grapplers are the only tires to sonsider imo.

5. Beinkounter

Beinkounter Full Access Member

12.50, not sure what backspacing is.

6. goblues38

goblues38 FRF Addict

agree with what he said. The amount of rubber in the sidewall with the factory wheels are part of the suspension. You jack that all up when you move to a larger wheel and smaller side wall. All you are going to do is make your truck ride like crap. And be less capable for when you do need it off road.

7. melvimbe

melvimbe Full Access Member

You could change out the wheels for another 17" without screwing up the ride though, correct? If you really aren't happy with the look, I would find another 17" that you like better without resorting to the default "go bigger".

8. Badgertits

Badgertits Full Access Member

go w/ 22"s & swap out the fox shocks for some magride from a Denali....then you'll REALLY have people busting your balls lol!!!!

Seriously though.....here's the truth, when it comes to adding 20" wheels &/or 37"s to a Raptor - there is no net positive or net neutral scenario. You are gaining aesthetics ONLY for the most part unless you're modding alot more in conjunction to accommodate/offset the negative aspects of the 20"/37"s. Its gonna be a compromise - you're giving up some combo of braking/acceleration, MPGs, ride quality, bushing/bearing/ball joint/brakes wear rate/longevity OH - and you can risk having your warranty voided for some vaguely related part....like a torsen diff, T-case, bearing, TC etc.

Ironically all for the sake of LOOKS on a truck that specifically runs 17"s w/ 35"s to not just look badass, but perform as such