Need more turbo noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I liked being able to hear the turbos in my Gen2, but I can't hear them at all in the Gen3. The exhaust is louder and that sounds good, but I need to hear the turbos doing their thing. What can I do about this?

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is interesting how much blow off valve noise a stock gen 2 had comparatively. Can't hear this one at all.

MKW1456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intake for turbo noise. AFE momentum gt on the Gen 2 produces much more turbo/intake/spooling noise. Did a blow off valve when I upgraded my intercooler (CVF). The blow-off noise is for some, but not all like that......can sound like a 1995 Honda prelude/civic/accord.

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Rousch CAI and it doesn't make nearly as much noise as the kit I had on my 2017 F150. I think the exhaust drowns it out. Either way, I was bummed because I love the sound of a turbo. Just a heads up.

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Rousch CAI and it doesn't make nearly as much noise as the kit I had on my 2017 F150. I think the exhaust drowns it out. Either way, I was bummed because I love the sound of a turbo. Just a heads up.
Oh no!! I was pondering the Roush intake hoping it would increase turbo sounds...

So not worth it? Any other benefits?

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure they are developing better exhaust now... and downpipes etc etc. Give it time.

Or just.....uhm.. stop selling the Gen 2s?