Turbo Issue's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bperez8322

Reaction score
I have a 2017 with 85k miles on it, with last few months I noticed an issue when WOT and cruise control on the expressways I can hear my turbos blowing off at random intervals. Also thrown codes while on a long distance trip which ill attach those have gone away but had no boost and couldnt get above 70mph after letting truck sit it would be fine happened a few more times but has since not reappeared. I thought mybe it was the BOV so I upgraded and replaced to a turbosmart. But I'm still having the issue grant it can hear it louder haha. Only things done otherwise are exhaust Cai and tuner from duramax tuner. Has anyone has this issue.
Codes
U0100
B123B
U0155
B1498

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with turbo "issues."

How does your air filter and plugs look? What fuel are you using? Not heard of Duramax tuning, thought it was a truck.

OP
OP
bperez8322

bperez8322

Reaction score
Intake and plugs are fine. Using premium gas. They are also known as calibrated power solutions/duramax tuner out of NW IL.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
none of those codes are related to the turbo or bypass system..

clear the codes, make sure all your turbo hoses and pipes are attached properly and drive around..

sounds to me like the bypass valve is sticking open sometimes but you changed it..

did you put a turbosmart EM BOV?

im a big hater of that BOV, if you have an electrical or tune issue, it might be there with the EM BOV sticking open...

you have left out a lot of information so fill in the blanks and maybe we can help...

OP
OP
bperez8322

bperez8322

Reaction score
I checked all the hoses and clamps made sure all were on and tightened drove around still same issue

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe you're the first person I've seen using Duramax Tuning.
The Tuner for the GEN 2 & 3 is GooseTuned.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry not a huge automotive guy know basics but not everything. Yes its the EM BOV
can you try putting the stock bypass valve back on?

the computer decides when its gonna blow off, sometimes you'll hear it even if you let off a little..

is there whooshing noises when you accelerate?

i had so many problems with that dang EM BOV. stuck open, stuck closed, check engine light... replaced with supersonic vacuum operated one and have not had a single issue since..