CV noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Started hearing this today. Haven’t used 4x4 in a while but it seemed to get worse as I needed 4x4 today. Bad muddy roads on hunting property. That video was taken at the end of the day on the way out. Sounds like it’s coming from drivers side but I can’t find any play in anything. Ideas? Gen2 shocks were installed yesterday but I think it did this once before I installed them

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
After more research, I think I messed up the IWEs by not using vacuum to install the CV axles. I’m going to order a IWE delete kit so I don’t have to deal with those anymore. I’ll also get some new TrakMotive axles.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like IWE. when you delete. Will the axels and front diff be engaged ALL the time? or dose a "kit" give you the old school manual lock out type? I wouldn't want the front diff getting all that wear on it and the axel spinning All the time. The IWE is easy and not that expensive to do. unlike a front diff. Just my thoughts.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Sounds like IWE. when you delete. Will the axels and front diff be engaged ALL the time? or dose a "kit" give you the old school manual lock out type? I wouldn't want the front diff getting all that wear on it and the axel spinning All the time. The IWE is easy and not that expensive to do. unlike a front diff. Just my thoughts.
Every other 4x4 truck just leaves the cvs and diff spinning full time. Ford is the only one who doesn’t. Yet My Tacoma made it to 240k before tearing a CV boot. I never noticed excess wear on mine with my deleted ford