Need Currie rear end and gears installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I purchased a Currie rear end with a higher gear ratio and other upgrades for my 2019 Screw, I'm having trouble finding someone in my area, Rochester, NY, that is willing to do the job.... Install new gears in front to match the new Currie set-up as well as swap out the rear end. My regular guy has made numerous calls and no one wants to touch this project.

I am looking for recommendations for shops within a reasonable drive 300-500 miles (farther if needed) that have a good track record of installing gears and working on off-road trucks specifically. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

D3 SS 3D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My .02, with as much $$$ as you have in your truck and how expensive the Currie rear end and associated goodies are, I'd at least consider freighting the truck somewhere with Currie install experience, I think @zombiekiller had his Currie installed at Texas Motorworx per his build thread.

https://www.texasmotorworx.com/

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I purchased a Currie rear end with a higher gear ratio and other upgrades for my 2019 Screw, I'm having trouble finding someone in my area, Rochester, NY, that is willing to do the job.... Install new gears in front to match the new Currie set-up as well as swap out the rear end. My regular guy has made numerous calls and no one wants to touch this project.

I am looking for recommendations for shops within a reasonable drive 300-500 miles (farther if needed) that have a good track record of installing gears and working on off-road trucks specifically. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
42.064516, -76.335162

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
RMB might be a good idea. ( RMB motorworks in new jersey) . ryan builds race motors for a lot of folks and might be able to recommend a shop ( if he can't fit the work in.)

What gear ratio are you going to? ( some shops might not want to touch the 8.8 if it is 4.88 or greater. the pinion gets MEGA small and will generally fail during hard use.)

Worst case, Pulling the front differential and sending it off would not be that big of a deal.

I would make sure that you have a competent shop check the currie rear for proper setup/lash.

You may want to try hot rod / drag racing shops.

The front is a reverse rotation 8.8, the rear is a 9". There is nothing crazy about the 3rd member that currie builds.

I'm getting ready to pull my third member to go to 5.14s ( rem polished), but my front differential is out of the truck because I'm staying 2wd.

If you went to 4.56 in the currie, I could be persuaded into selling my front differential ( has the torsen in it too). I think I probably put the truck into 4wd 5 times, so its pretty much just broken in.

OP
OP
Carl Fantauzzo
Reaction score
RMB might be a good idea. ( RMB motorworks in new jersey) . ryan builds race motors for a lot of folks and might be able to recommend a shop ( if he can't fit the work in.)

What gear ratio are you going to? ( some shops might not want to touch the 8.8 if it is 4.88 or greater. the pinion gets MEGA small and will generally fail during hard use.)

Worst case, Pulling the front differential and sending it off would not be that big of a deal.

I would make sure that you have a competent shop check the currie rear for proper setup/lash.

You may want to try hot rod / drag racing shops.

The front is a reverse rotation 8.8, the rear is a 9". There is nothing crazy about the 3rd member that currie builds.

I'm getting ready to pull my third member to go to 5.14s ( rem polished), but my front differential is out of the truck because I'm staying 2wd.

If you went to 4.56 in the currie, I could be persuaded into selling my front differential ( has the torsen in it too). I think I probably put the truck into 4wd 5 times, so its pretty much just broken in.

Hmmmm, I did go 4:56 in the Currie, how much persuasion are you talking about?