Need Advise on Loud No Drone Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a custom stainless works lightening setup that had no drone what so ever. But it was a bit loud. Switched to the magnaflow setup out behind the tire and it drones like no other. Either going to get a resonator chamber made or might look into swapping in the SW muffler see how that goe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Should I pull the trigger on a new "TRUE DUAL" muffler setup with magnaflow magnapacks?

I DO NOT WANT FLOWMASTER TYPE DRONE. I dont mind some "noise" though, that's what I want, an aggressive sounding Raptor that sounds as mean as it looks.

I need some advice that will lead me to a setup with close to "no drone".

I also need some advice on if it's worth going "true dual". Can this truck even utilize "true dual"? If so, what size?

mbrp turndown. there is no substitute

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have true dual magna packs with custom exhaust to factory exit and sw headers with no cats. The truck sounds amazing and is loud as hell inside and out but the drone is horrible from about 1700-2100rpms. Would recommend a resonator or the Helmholtz thing. I had it be a turn down at first but after 2 13 hr days on the highway had it exit behind the rear tire.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

FLYING BONES

Reaction score
I have true dual magna packs with custom exhaust to factory exit and sw headers with no cats. The truck sounds amazing and is loud as hell inside and out but the drone is horrible from about 1700-2100rpms. Would recommend a resonator or the Helmholtz thing. I had it be a turn down at first but after 2 13 hr days on the highway had it exit behind the rear tire.

That's helpful info

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I also drove the truck without mufflers for a week. Best sounding truck but it was soo loud. Would recommend the Helmholtz and I'm going to the shop this next week to see if they can make some for me. I can try and get a video of how it sounds.

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've worked with dirtydeeds since Halloween and got the truck dialed in with his exhaust. (Dump exhaust) Hopefully soon we will get some footage of some sound shots for him so people can hear it. Even better, he will be at the end of the month run with me at ocotillo Right KEITH!?!?!? :). Marketing Buddy!

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dirtydeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've worked with dirtydeeds since Halloween and got the truck dialed in with his exhaust. (Dump exhaust) Hopefully soon we will get some footage of some sound shots for him so people can hear it. Even better, he will be at the end of the month run with me at ocotillo Right KEITH!?!?!? :). Marketing Buddy!

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

i plan to be there, new rear end or not:)

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Alright so without hijacking this thread or creating yet another magnapack thread, I have a quick question....

Going to buy the #14419 magnapack (the popular one) and install in place of stock muffler keeping stock res (maybe downturned or lightning style exit) but I was wondering if it is going to be toooo loud for everyday so my thoughts were maybe go to the 5" round (instead of 4") version of the magnapack to quiet down just a tad. Any experience here with that one?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alright so without hijacking this thread or creating yet another magnapack thread, I have a quick question....

Going to buy the #14419 magnapack (the popular one) and install in place of stock muffler keeping stock res (maybe downturned or lightning style exit) but I was wondering if it is going to be toooo loud for everyday so my thoughts were maybe go to the 5" round (instead of 4") version of the magnapack to quiet down just a tad. Any experience here with that one?

this is personal preference. some may say its too loud where i will say its not loud enough. i had the magnapack with custom bent lightning style exit and went to a full SW exhaust(LT headers, high flow cats, & catback) with lightning style exit. its louder now and if i could just get rid of the drone completely i would want the truck louder