Need advice on lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 raptor, I no experience buying off road lights at all. I'm hoping some of you could direct me on what I should buy. I want some lights in my front bumper, I've seen pics of trucks with what I want which is the 3 small square lights in each side of the front bumper where fog lights would be. I also want the amber color so I can turn them on and they match the other amber lights in the front. I've never seen in person the amber looking lights so I'm curious as to how they work. Do they only shine amber or can they also shine white light? Because even though the amber color look is what I want I'm thinking they want shine very bright to actually be of any help if they are only amber. If they are only amber and that's no good for shining and seeing with maybe just 2 amber and the 3rd could be just a regular white light? I'm just thinking out loud here, remember I have no experience at all with buying lights. Is their any kit I can buy online that will basically have what I want that comes with the parts I need for mounting? I really appreciate any help any of you might can throw my way. Thank

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 raptor, I no experience buying off road lights at all. I'm hoping some of you could direct me on what I should buy. I want some lights in my front bumper, I've seen pics of trucks with what I want which is the 3 small square lights in each side of the front bumper where fog lights would be. I also want the amber color so I can turn them on and they match the other amber lights in the front. I've never seen in person the amber looking lights so I'm curious as to how they work. Do they only shine amber or can they also shine white light? Because even though the amber color look is what I want I'm thinking they want shine very bright to actually be of any help if they are only amber. If they are only amber and that's no good for shining and seeing with maybe just 2 amber and the 3rd could be just a regular white light? I'm just thinking out loud here, remember I have no experience at all with buying lights. Is their any kit I can buy online that will basically have what I want that comes with the parts I need for mounting? I really appreciate any help any of you might can throw my way. Thank

Might i suggest you browse the lighting section. There's information for days in there.

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx, I will be calling u soon.. I think what I want will be the rigid radiance kit, the 6 light kit. But I will get your opinion when we talk.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

Can I get some kind of a discount code or coupon on these when I order? I need the Walmart price match deal :) I'm a lot poorer after this truck purchase :)

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
these work great
10" 50w
-img_2335_81d503bce9515a116ff062fa1b88c8e58a287c2a.jpg53_edited_41e8c37f8b1739a42e7257669d0bdae6dbeeb01b.jpg

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

what’s your budget?
That’s important because you can easily run into costs that require “easy financing terms” if you’re not careful.

There have been early adopters that made their own brackets for the bumper slot lights, also discussed in the lighting forum. There are some mounts available from some vendors but I think most are in “kit” form; not sold separately.

Depending on what you want there are many levels of cost. I’ve seen the (cheap amazon) cube lights for under $50 a pair to more than 10x that amount. There’s a bit of you get what you pay for involved; buy once, cry once and all that.

What are you going to use them for? What is your budget? should drive your search. Also, be cognizant of how you’re going to use them and local restrictions. If you’re using them on the street, you could get hassled by LE.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It sounds like you're referring to the Rigid Radiance Lights that have an amber backlight and produce and amber glow, but then light up fully with white light. These lights definitely have the cool factor, but the output at 900 lumens can leave a bit to be desired if you're looking for lights that really have some punch.

There are multiple kits available for mounting including the Ford Raptor Lights kit that offers mounts and shrouds from @sal313 who posted above. Their kit includes brackets, shrouds, and an optional (and highly recommended) wiring harness. You can also customize the kit to fit whichever lights your prefer from Baja Designs, Rigid, KC HiLiTES, and more.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you're referring to the Rigid Radiance Lights that have an amber backlight and produce and amber glow, but then light up fully with white light. These lights definitely have the cool factor, but the output at 900 lumens can leave a bit to be desired if you're looking for lights that really have some punch.

There are multiple kits available for mounting including the Ford Raptor Lights kit that offers mounts and shrouds from @sal313 who posted above. Their kit includes brackets, shrouds, and an optional (and highly recommended) wiring harness. You can also customize the kit to fit whichever lights your prefer from Baja Designs, Rigid, KC HiLiTES, and more.

87f691a97a1a7409dcc7e9817eac08ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Feel free to call me if you’d like. 781-603-8182. Jeff

Www.fordraptorlights.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I would do, and did do. Very very pleased with my decision... just make sure you put quality lights in there, because you don't want to be cheap with the lights. Stick with baja or rigid. I prefer Baja more natural less white light. Wonderful on the eyes off road.

But Jeffs kit is boss!

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know that if you drive in the snow led lights will not melt anything that covers the lights. I am rethinking what to use on my new truck. I had great lights on my 2012 but in the snow they were basically useless