Need advice on lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Bailey. Diego (he's another lighting guru at Baja) just emailed me back as well. So yeah if you want to have all 3 pairs of lights on 3 different switches you'll need the splitter and upfitter connector. I personally like having everything on different lights. The only lights on my own truck that share a switch are my side/roof lights. the 3 left lights share the same switch as my 3 right lights. Only reason for this was I have too many lights and ran out of switches. But even for my Dual 50" OnX6 roof lights, i have them on separate switches.

if you want to wire up the 3rd pair on a 3rd switch you'll need the following:

Squadron/S2 Wiring Harness Splitter: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-squadron-s2-wire-harness-splitter-55-universal/
Ford Upfitter Harness (Squadrons/S2): http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-upfitter-wiring-harness-squadron-pro-sport-s2/

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Which look??? The FRL or Baja Designs look? Because those are your 2 main (and most popular) options

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was referring to the guy who posted the pic of his light bar looking things in the fog light holes. I'm sure it's nice just not my cup of tea

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

I think I like the closed look better, the Baja design u can see the bracket with. I believe I will just go with the clean factory looking mount type

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You mean Jake? All he does is spam those cheap bars on here, lol. I don't recommend buying that crap. It's just some cheap chinese stuff. Buy quality once, and never look back. Or buy cheap bars every year :)

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd just recommend the Baja Designs kits then. You get 3 lights that get wired up to 3 different switches. So you get to pick/choose what lights are on at any time. They fit in the factory opening on your front bumper

LED Auxiliary Lights - Baja Designs - Raptor Lighting Kits - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

It's direct plug and play. They also have a reverse kit and a 30" grille kit in that link as well which give you the wiring for your upfitters so you use your existing upfitter switches to control it all.

The amber back lighting looks neat and all but I'd go with a higher quality kit then Rigid. Spend the money once, never look back. I'm selling my old 40" Rigid RDS because I reaplced it with a 40" Baja Designs OnX6. I wsn't getting as much light output from the Rigid. Now I have dual colors which are great (amber/white) REALLY lights up the road in bad weather with those ambers.

Do you happen to have a photo of the 40" mounted? I have only seen the 30'' mounted behind the grill but would rather have a 40".

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't have a photo of the 40" mounted BEHIND the the grille, but here is my truck with the 40" OnX6 mounted. I do have an ADD Bumper which I mounted it to (my bumper at the time DID NOT have mounts for the Baja Designs, but the new ones off the line do, so I just drilled 2 holes for the bolt to go through, pretty easy)

Also another (crappy) photo I took the other day... it's not the best, taken with an iPhone

If you wanted to mount a 40" behind your grille you'd have to use the universal brackets that come with the OnX6 bar OR find a different aftermarket mounting system. I do sell a mounting kit from ZROADZ that gets mounted in front of your grille, but you'd most likely lose the front camera.

Attachments

• truck8.jpg
    truck8.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 56
  • truck-light.jpg
    truck-light.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 44
  • bracket1.jpg
    bracket1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 40
  • bracket2.jpg
    bracket2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 40

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone suggests a decent quality overhead / top windshield light bar?

As Jeff said KC has a kit, but it's still new.

We've sold a few of these ZROADZ kits: ZROADZ Front Roof LED Light Bar Mounting Kit Combo with 52″ LED Light Bar and Wiring Harness - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

It's not the same quality as Baja Designs but it should still be a decent light bar which has mounts. HOWEVER it bolts on... so you will need to drill holes and bolt it through your roof. So once you do that you always have those holes. it's not BOLT ON.

I have dual 50" OnX6 bars from BD on my roof but they are installed on the ADD Chase Rack/Roof Rack unit.