Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Nav System map update

Discussion in '2012 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)' started by eugeneorange, Apr 23, 2013.

1. SVTRay

SVTRay FRF Addict

Hum...I've never received a map update offer on my 2010. I guess this is something I should consider...it's always something uh lol

2. Richard L

Richard L Member

If anyone is looking for an A10 chip, feel free to message me. I will sell it to you for $50

3. Jonny V

Jonny V FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Just got my Sync update Friday and they sent me home with the nav system update discs. I guess you have to run the truck for three hours nonstop to install them. I’ll do it the next time I drive across the state lol!

4. MEIRONMAN207

MEIRONMAN207 Full Access Member

¿Update discs? What discs? I got online Ford owners site, Nav update page, Etc...I downloaded Sync update files and setup into my usb flash drive. Then I sat in the truck, plugged into the truck port and updated. However the SD card I have is the older A4 and still trying for the dealer to supply a new A10 since I bought the truck from them. Doesn’t make any sense to me that I have to pay for NAV/software updates??? My Garmin GPS, Microsoft, DELL, etc., all provide update/support for their customers’ products.

5. jzweedyk

jzweedyk Full Access Member

Automakers have learned they can make money on Nav updates. Jeep charges $ 149.00 which is stupid.

6. Jonny V

My truck is a ‘12, so the update is via the cd drive. Truck has to run for three hours straight according to the dealer tech. Going to do it on a road trip I’m taking next weekend.

7. N2fire

N2fire Full Access Member

Hey JonnyV
    Did you notice much of a difference in the update?

8. Jonny V

I haven't gotten it done yet. I had to have a code to punch in to use in conjunction with he CD's...and then you can't turn off the motor for three hours while the update loads.

The SYNC update was loaded by the dealer and I notice ZERO difference.....

Coming up this month, we have to drive down to Oregon for a wedding. My wife will filibuster the entire trip, so I'm thinking that's a good time to run the NAV update LOL....

I wish there was a whole system upgrade I could do. I like the jukebox, but I'd like to have my buddies newer SYNC system better...

9. Jonny V

I got the Nav update done this last weekend. Using the CDs is kind of a PIA, but it worked. The system runs well, but I think it's mainly just for regular roads. I still need to buy a Lowrance unit for off-roading. Overall though I'm happy with the updates. It did make the album art come through on my Motorhead songs I have loaded onto my Jukebox, so I like that LOL....

Remoat likes this.
  10. Jonny V

I took the Raptor out this weekend on some fire roads here in the PNW... To my surprise...the nav system worked even out of cell range. All the fire roads and spurs were on there. Actually pretty happy with it!