Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Nav System map update

Discussion in '2012 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)' started by eugeneorange, Apr 23, 2013.

1. SVTRay

SVTRay FRF Addict

Hum...I've never received a map update offer on my 2010. I guess this is something I should consider...it's always something uh lol

2. Richard L

Richard L Member

If anyone is looking for an A10 chip, feel free to message me. I will sell it to you for $50

3. Jonny V

Jonny V Full Access Member

Just got my Sync update Friday and they sent me home with the nav system update discs. I guess you have to run the truck for three hours nonstop to install them. I’ll do it the next time I drive across the state lol!

4. MEIRONMAN207

MEIRONMAN207 Member

¿Update discs? What discs? I got online Ford owners site, Nav update page, Etc...I downloaded Sync update files and setup into my usb flash drive. Then I sat in the truck, plugged into the truck port and updated. However the SD card I have is the older A4 and still trying for the dealer to supply a new A10 since I bought the truck from them. Doesn’t make any sense to me that I have to pay for NAV/software updates??? My Garmin GPS, Microsoft, DELL, etc., all provide update/support for their customers’ products.

5. jzweedyk

jzweedyk FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Automakers have learned they can make money on Nav updates. Jeep charges $ 149.00 which is stupid.

6. Jonny V

Jonny V Full Access Member

My truck is a ‘12, so the update is via the cd drive. Truck has to run for three hours straight according to the dealer tech. Going to do it on a road trip I’m taking next weekend.