Nav locks to Phone screen after reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

memheli

Reaction score
I've been fighting an issue that I can't determine the root cause of. My truck has almost 2K miles on it. Recently, I don't remember exactly when, the truck began to revert to 1/2 of the Phone screen on the nav after shifting from reverse to drive leavening my house. Only the left hand side of the menu shows up of the phone screen, nothing on the right like the keypad and such. The bottom Home, Setting and i buttons don't work. To get out, I have to touch a corner, Nav Radio or Climate, to get to that screen, then I can hit the Home button to get things back like they should be. I tried several things like deleting my daughters phone which she'd paired. That didn't fix things. Finally I did a factory reset. That did fix things.
That was last night. Then today, I went and re-downloaded all my wall-papers from the wallpaper thread and copied them over. Set my favorite pic, the shark/raptor pic, and went about my business. All was well until I go to leave my folks house, put in in reverse to back down the drive, then in Drive and viola...back to stuck on the damn phone screen.
This time, after I got to the house, I went in and changed the wallpaper to another one, the sailboat. Then changed it back to the raptor/shark. Then shut the truck off and restarted it. Went back into reverse, then drive, and now it's ok. I guess maybe I have a wallpaper that's aggravating something?
Has anyone else experienced something like this?

OP
OP
memheli

memheli

Reaction score
bumping for traffic. Still having this issue and it's really frustrating me. Will be asking the dealer this week as well, although I'm not expecting them to have an answer unless it involves OS update of some kind.

OP
OP
memheli

memheli

Reaction score
I've discovered that it's related to the phone...which is jailbroken. Left the phone at home today and all systems came up and acted as they should. Went back to the house, got the phone, and problems persisted. I have an iPhone 4 running the last untethered jailbreak. Hopefully this will resolve itself soon as I have a 6 coming.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've discovered that it's related to the phone...which is jailbroken. Left the phone at home today and all systems came up and acted as they should. Went back to the house, got the phone, and problems persisted. I have an iPhone 4 running the last untethered jailbreak. Hopefully this will resolve itself soon as I have a 6 coming.
reset your phone