Nailed my mailbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Replace / repaint, you are not fixing that flare. I had some selfish driver attempt to nose their way into a turn lane on me, Lucille ended up with a couple of scuffs on the fender flare - nowhere near what you have. Insurance shelled out 700 for it. Obtained from a stealership, confirmed a non-aftermarket part.

Selfish driver tried to blame me, however, I had photos and evidence. It did not end well for selfish driver. First, Lucille tore off their front bumper(cover) with her tire. It was kind of a pathetic sight. Then, selfish driver had to pay for their stupidity.

as to the paint, a good body shop will make that disappear and you will not be able to tell visibly it was ever scratched. Emphasis on good, choose your shop carefully.

OP
OP
LeadFT88

LeadFT88

Reaction score
That looks fairly deep into the plastic, you’ll probably need to replace the entire flare. The good thing is I believe they come pre-painted, so you shouldn’t have to deal with all that hassle at least.
Yeah, that’s what I was worried about. My neighbor is a supply chain manager for Classic Collision here in Atlanta and figured I’d see if I could get it 90% back to original without filing with insurance. Depending on the cost difference between that and paying cash at the dealership.

OP
OP
LeadFT88

LeadFT88

Reaction score
Replace / repaint, you are not fixing that flare. I had some selfish driver attempt to nose their way into a turn lane on me, Lucille ended up with a couple of scuffs on the fender flare - nowhere near what you have. Insurance shelled out 700 for it. Obtained from a stealership, confirmed a non-aftermarket part.

Selfish driver tried to blame me, however, I had photos and evidence. It did not end well for selfish driver. First, Lucille tore off their front bumper(cover) with her tire. It was kind of a pathetic sight. Then, selfish driver had to pay for their stupidity.

as to the paint, a good body shop will make that disappear and you will not be able to tell visibly it was ever scratched. Emphasis on good, choose your shop carefully.
Yeah, that’s what I was worried about. My neighbor is a supply chain manager for Classic Collision here in Atlanta and figured I’d see if I could get it 90% back to original without filing with insurance. Depending on the cost difference between that and paying cash at the dealership.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter