Nailed my mailbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol! She’s my baby! Haven’t had it two months before this happened today. I’m okay with scratches but rather earn them off road somewhere vs my driveway!
its ok. im open to adoptions.

i would check to see what a fender flare costs. and your insurance deductible. but most likely keep it off your insurance so you forgiveness gets used on a (hopefully never) larger incident

OP
OP
LeadFT88

LeadFT88

Reaction score
its ok. im open to adoptions.

i would check to see what a fender flare costs. and your insurance deductible. but most likely keep it off your insurance so you forgiveness gets used on a (hopefully never) larger incident
That’s what I’m going to do. I’ve seen on another similar thread that you can get Gen 2 flares for half the price of the dealership but after shipping it’s just as expensive. Have not found Gen 3 flares outside of parts.ford.com for less than $700+

Reaction score
Did the exact same thing three months ago. Although it was an ID reader while heading into the parking deck at work.

Got multiple estimates. Most were in the 700-750 range for the part and another 100 or so for the install if you dont want to do yourself. If I remember, there is a mounting bracket needed too if the clips break during removal of the old one.

One body shop estimated 500 to repair and repaint. They said it would be good, but not "perfect". Since it was a brand new truck, I decided for a new flare.

OP
OP
LeadFT88

LeadFT88

Reaction score
Did the exact same thing three months ago. Although it was an ID reader while heading into the parking deck at work.

Got multiple estimates. Most were in the 700-750 range for the part and another 100 or so for the install if you dont want to do yourself. If I remember, there is a mounting bracket needed too if the clips break during removal of the old one.

One body shop estimated 500 to repair and repaint. They said it would be good, but not "perfect". Since it was a brand new truck, I decided for a new flare.
I’ve managed to avoid the card readers at my office so far. Thanks for the feedback. That’s what I’ll do then. It’s a 21 model with 10K when I got it 2 months ago, so new enough to me that I wanna do it right.

Did you have the dealership replace or another body shop?

Reaction score
I’ve managed to avoid the card readers at my office so far. Thanks for the feedback. That’s what I’ll do then. It’s a 21 model with 10K when I got it 2 months ago, so new enough to me that I wanna do it right.

Did you have the dealership replace or another body shop?
The Ford dealership I purchased from has an attached body shop and they did a great job. The part was on backorder for about 2 weeks, but once they got it, they were able to swap while in waited, took maybe about 20 minutes. Price stung a bit, but I wanted it to be done right. Live and learn!

OP
OP
LeadFT88

LeadFT88

Reaction score
The Ford dealership I purchased from has an attached body shop and they did a great job. The part was on backorder for about 2 weeks, but once they got it, they were able to swap while in waited, took maybe about 20 minutes. Price stung a bit, but I wanted it to be done right. Live and learn!
I’ll get it done eventually. Need to take it in for the “rear break assist not available” message every time I put in reverse. Can’t remember if it was there when I got it certified pre-owned with 10.5 miles or not but I don’t like it.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ll get it done eventually. Need to take it in for the “rear break assist not available” message every time I put in reverse. Can’t remember if it was there when I got it certified pre-owned with 10.5 miles or not but I don’t like it.
My 21 does that sometimes. Let us know what they find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter